Skip to main content
Topic: Playback is Tripping! (Read 4468 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback is Tripping!

Is it really just my sound card!?  My playback is tripping all over it's self. it won't play a steady beat. and sometimes during playback my stafflines dissapear! I have XP on a computer that prolly shouldn't have it, but I swear it's worked fine before.. I know the soundcard has worked with NWC fine before aswell. Can any well help? AMD Duron 746 mhz 240 MB ram

Re: Playback is Tripping!

Reply #1
The disappearing staff lines is usually caused by a buggy display driver. You can learn more here:

FAQ - Disappearing Staff Lines
http://ntworthy.com/composer/faq/77.htm

The play back issue could be similar issues with your MIDI device. The first step is to make sure that you are using the latest NWC (which is 1.75c) and that you have the "Chase playing notes" option turned off from Tools, Options, Editor.

Reply #2
I turned of the chase playing notes option and it seems to playing fine now!!! Your response was very prompt and extremely helpful thank you very much I appreciate it!

Reply #3
LOL ok I jst went down to my other com again and tried again and it's skipping again :( any other ideas? What could change with my midi? the driver?

Reply #4
Did you reduce your Hardware Acceleration setting, as suggested in the link NWC referred you to?

Reply #5
240 MB is not much, these days. Before XP this was quite enough. With XP it can be enough, depending on programs you are running. Some virus checkers take up quite a bit of the computer's processing capacity. Did you switch to another virus checking program lately? If your computer is doing a lot of swapping as a result, this might be the cause of your problem. If so, an extra (second hand) 128 or 256 MB memory bank could help quite a bit. Costs next to nothing if there's a shoppie in the neighbourhood.
Another cause might be... a virus. If your computer is a zombie, and doing work for hackers when their master computer tells it to, you may be running low on resources for all the wrong reasons.

Reply #6
  Hello,                                           June 17,2008

I think that having more memory and a larger hardrive. will help me to get my Midi Turtle Beach Midi progrma to work.What I have now some of my sound when it comes to testing it with the Midi  cable is starting to fade out or is gone, disappear. I've talked to serveral pc technicians and read hear at Noteworthy that is possisble more memory and a larger harddrive could really help. My Dell Demsion B1100 has a basic small harddrive 40, and 512 memory.
So I am going to do put more in. I hope it works

Thank you

katyannrose55
Kathleen Gleeson