Skip to main content
Topic: Boxmarks and the like (Read 3984 times) previous topic - next topic

Boxmarks and the like

I'm using boxmarks on all my scores, but they never line up properly. Is there a way to line them up with precision?
-DAVID COOPER

Re: Boxmarks and the like

Reply #1
There are a number of things it could be.  You can try choosing placement "at next note/bar" instead of the default, "best fit" for example.  Sometimes you need to specify "preserve width" when entering text with the boxmark font.  Could you attach an example?

HTH
Since 1998

Reply #2
Sure! The problem is in measure three. I'm halfway through the score (hope to have it done before Xmas eve, since it was comissioned for mass.)

Edit a few minutes later: Actually, it's not letting me post an attatchment. I'll get back to you on that hopefully soon.
-DAVID COOPER

Reply #3
This is why you can't attach anything. You need to upgrade your membership.
Users who are eligible to join the NWC2 Beta can now upgrade their community membership to receive additional privileges, such as posting attachments and modifying various profile settings.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Thanks Rick. I really need to get this arrangement done as soon as possible so that is a great help.
-DAVID COOPER

Reply #5
Okay, finally I can post the score. The problem lies in measure 5. As you can see, I have a long way to go on this arrangement before it's ready for performance!
-DAVID COOPER

Reply #6
The key to making boxmarks (or any other object) align properly is that little gray diamond to the left of your arpeggio sign, which is the "anchor" for the arpeggio. Select it. You can now use <alt><enter> to bring up the properties dialog, choose the "expression placement" tab, and set "justification" to "right" and "alignment/placement" to "best fit." That will switch the sign to the other side of its anchor, backing it off the note. Now (with the arpeggio anchor still selected), hold down <cntrl><shft> and press the up and down arrows until the sign lines up vertically with the notes the way you want it to.

Hope this helps.....

Bill

<edit> In NWC2, the default anchor actually looks like an anchor. It can be changed to the diamond used in NWC 1.x, which I recommend.

Reply #7
Thanks! That's just the answer I was looking for. Now for a long night of arranging to get this done in time for the holiday... :)

-Dave C.
-DAVID COOPER

Reply #8
Always happy to help (you'll find that common here ;-).