Skip to main content
Topic: Possible "Contents" dialogue box improvement (Read 4755 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible "Contents" dialogue box improvement

Hi all -

I'm currently working on a score with nine staves in five groups. In order to concentrate on problems in individual instruments, I am unchecking all but one or two staves in the Contents dialogue box, returning to the full score occasionally to see how the line I'm working on fits in with the rest. It would help me immensely if the Contents box included check all and uncheck all options. Would this be useful to others as well?

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Possible "Contents" dialogue box improvement

Reply #1
G'day Bill,
I mostly tend to work on smaller scores (4 or 5, sometimes 6 voices for church = maybe 7 or 8 staves) so it mightn't be a specific aid to me.  However there are occasions where I work on larger scores (up to 17 or 18 voices for Big Band = maybe 21 or 22 staves) and I can certainly see where it would be of some assistance then.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
No objections. Separate Edit Contents and Print Contents would be more useful to me. That and a hotkey into Print Preview and wheel support when I get there.

Print Preview now supports the mouse wheel.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
We already have check all and uncheck all in the mute dialogue.  If the coding is the same, it should be easy to add it to contents.  I'm in favour of the idea.

Reply #4
I too think the options would be useful.  I haven't needed it often, but the times that I do need it and it's not there...
(I've always said "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.")
Oh yeah, we should also have Reverse All, as in the mute dialogue. 
I use hidden-aural staves and visible-muted staves most of the time, so switching between the two groups would be much improved.

Reply #5
Thanks, everyone. I like the way this is going ;-)

I also like K.A.T's suggestion for a "reverse all" option.

Cheers,

Bill