Skip to main content
Topic: I have a suggestion!!!! (Scary thought isn't it!) (Read 7590 times) previous topic - next topic

I have a suggestion!!!! (Scary thought isn't it!)

I have been writing my music arrangement and one thing has just popped up in my mind that I would really like in the software, which isn't at the moment. (Well, not in 1.75c). It would be cool, if one could use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll up and down the score, as it is force of habbit for me to use the scroll wheel for, well, scrolling! I find it inconveniant sometimes to have to go all the way to the bar at the edge!!

What do you think?

Tom

Re: I have a suggestion!!!! (Scary thought isn't it!)

Reply #1
I think it's time for you to upgrade to version 2 (;->) 

My scroll wheel works in its edit window.  It doesn't work in the print preview window.

Reply #2
I think it's time I upgraded too. =]

Reply #3
You won't regret it.

Reply #4
Something strange here? I use 1.75 and scroll away in the editor no trouble.

Reply #5
Just tested my version of 1.75.  No Print Preview scroll for me.  My setup is a Logitech chordless Cordless Click! optical mouse.

Reply #6
Just tested my version of 1.75.  No Print Preview scroll for me.  My setup is a Logitech chordless Cordless Click! optical mouse.

Same here.
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Reply #7
llucyy, have you tried scrolling in the Print Preview window?

Reply #8
No problem David, but obviously the page has to be zoomed so you can only see a portion of the page.

Reply #9
Hi llucyy,
Your earlier message
Something strange here? I use 1.75 and scroll away in the editor no trouble.

didn't mention the print preview window.  Then you wrote
No problem David, but obviously the page has to be zoomed so you can only see a portion of the page.

I'm puzzled. 

Are you able to scroll with a wheelmouse in the Print Preview window? 

I can't.  To zoom, though, simply clicking in that window works.   

Reply #10
Yep, no problem, wheel mouse scrolls in both editor and Print Preview on NWC 1.75. Just basic wheelmouse (PS2) ball type, not optical Win98SE

Reply #11
Looks like a difference for Eric to ponder.  Thanks.

Reply #12
I used to use a mouse driver that converted wheel movements to cursor keystrokes on a user definable, widow by window basis. IIRC, my Micro$oft IntelliMouse had such software. It was configurable from the Control Panel. When I upgraded to Win98, I stopped using it since the standard drivers used less memory and were more stable. I hadn't mentioned it before since anyone using such a driver would nomally be aware of it, unless the computer was set up by some else. NWC has stated before that there is no wheel support in the preview window and I take them at their word. IMO, this is not a bug, just an area that hasn't been updated in over a decade.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #13
agreed

Reply #14
Hmmm! maybe my mouse works so well because I use a fancy driver.
i.e ao133op.exe basically an Aopen driver, but I've used it with all sorts of generic mice. Give it a try! It has all sorts of additional abilities for the third button too, whether it be on the side or under the wheel by clicking the wheel down. It's only about 500k download.