Skip to main content
Topic: "Open Files" (Read 9581 times) previous topic - next topic

"Open Files"

I have not used Noteworthy for a little while and have had to rehearse a number of instinctive actions. but I have no yet solved a very simple problem.
When I open Noteworthy and click on 'Open' to obtain an existing music file, it always opens in 'Samples'
But when I use Noteworthy2 it always opens up the 'itrees' folder
There must be a very simple way of making it open to 'My Music' - where i keep my NWC music files - the default action. But how do I do this?

Tony

Re: "Open Files"

Reply #1
Tools-Options Folders
You want "Song Files".

Reply #2
kahman

Tools -Options Folders shows me where Print Previews, Config Files,  New File templates, Auto Save and Instrument trees are to be found. It does not seem to instruct the program to open  by default to any of these locations. What I would like to know is why is it always opening to "itrees"?
Tony

Reply #3
To modify one, click on it, and click modify.
There is a chance that there was a faulty NWC installation, and that would mean that there might not be a samples folder.  By default, it should open to "Samples"

Reply #4
Neither in my Noteworthy 2 or my Noteworthy folders is there an entry for "samples" and the system does not  appear toallow  for adding a folder, though I can modify an existing one.

Tony

Reply #5
Under "File Types", you want "Song Files".  The text to the right of it is what should default to "Samples".

Reply #6
It's really there. Right under your nose. Failing that, under File types. It's the first line in the box.

Reply #7
Sounds as if something got mixed up by accident. (And I thought this kind of thing only happened to me!)
Here's what I suggest. Open NWC2>open files> right click the itrees folder and hit Rename on the dropdown list. Rename the itree folder Samples and press enter. Now right click in the white space within the open folder dialogue. Put the cursor on New which will lead you to the option for Folder. Click Folder and name the new one (folder), itree. You can then drag and drop the files into the new itree folder that belong there, and your new samples folder will be the default folder to open. Hope that does the trickfor you.

Reply #8
Fitzclan

Partial success! I now have a file.  'Samples',  in the Song Files option.  but Noteworthy2 still always opens at the itrees folder. I am still trying to find what determines the default setting for opening up.
Noteworthy always opens at 'samples'.  I would like both to open at 'My Music' to save a few unnecessary key strokes.
Incidentally, when I open the itrees folder in Explorer it contains itrees and the Samples file contains samples. But when I open the irees folder which shows up after Noteworthy2>Open it is empty.

Tony

Reply #9
If you are using NWC2, it has two separate commands for opening *.nwc files:

1) The File, Open command should be used to open your own files. You can control its starting folder location from Tools, Options, Folders, Song Files.

2) The File, Open Samples command is hard coded to open the Samples folder in the NWC2 program files.

In NWC1, the Tools, Options, Folders, Song Files option establishes the initial location for the File, Open command. In NWC1, there is not any File, Open Samples command.

Reply #10
NoteWorthyOnLine

Thank you very much for your reply.  I had not in my ignorance realised that it was up to me to insert an entry in the Song files line!

Tony