Skip to main content
Topic: When possible, synchronize the initial position of the lyric editor caret (Read 5262 times) previous topic - next topic

When possible, synchronize the initial position of the lyric editor caret

When possible, synchronize the initial position of the lyric editor caret with the notation editor

I love it!  There are two things I would change, though:
  • The carat needs to be before the word, not after, as it is in the editor.  That, or mine is showing up on the next word instead of the current one.  Here's what I mean.  I clicked between "sky" and "was", so the caret should also appear between "sky" and "was" in the editor.  But instead, it's appearing between "was" and "starless":
    <Image Link>
    Shot at 2007-07-10

• The lyric editor needs to scroll down to the point in the lyrics containing the caret, so that that line appears at the top of the box.  (Currently, I must still move the scrollbar down, scanning for the caret.)

Thanks for the neat feature, though!  It will definitely improve my lyric editing experience, as I work with church music which contains all kinds of special endings and repeated phrases, making it easy to get lost, as well as working with the chords in the lyric editor! :)[/list]

Re: When possible, synchronize the initial position of the lyric editor caret

Reply #1
Beta 2.19 fixes your first issue.

We have tried to implement the second, but there have been issues that prevented it in this release.

Reply #2
Nicely done, Eric.  This is a major enhancement.  Thank you.

Couple of minor requests.

When the lyric editor is open, the cursor appears there, blinking, to show the lyric that fits at the insertion point.  However, looking at the edit window, which is still visible behind the lyric editor, I can't see where my insertion point is.  This may not be a problem with ordinary lyrics, but when you've got many lines of chord symbols such as in my attachment, it would be nice to also be able to see the position both in the lyric editor and the edit window.

While I'm not elderly yet, I am losing my vision.  You can find the cursor in the attachment is at the Bbm in the second last line, and it's thinner than the surrounding text.  Would it be practical to make the blinking cursor a little thicker or perhaps in a different colour - red?

David

Reply #3
Just wanted to say that I am looking forward to seeing this long wanted feature working. At last it's here but I'm not !  When I get back from hols........

Rich.

Reply #4
Beta 2.19 fixes your first issue.

We have tried to implement the second, but there have been issues that prevented it in this release.

Thanks for your speedy work!

I just tried it...awesome!  It works!

Wow, I feel all important now! :)