Skip to main content
Topic: Beta 2.17 Dot Positioning Bug in 2nd-Chord (Read 2707 times) previous topic - next topic

Beta 2.17 Dot Positioning Bug in 2nd-Chord

In a piece I am working on, I am utilizing chords based of of 2nds a lot.  In one where the two notes have different dynamic values (one is a dotted 4th, the other is a half), the dot for the dotted 4th note is placed across the half note.

Here is the offending chord:
Code: [Select · Download]
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:b-4o|Opts:Stem=Up|Dur2:Half|Pos2:b-5o|Color:0|Visibility:Default

Re: Beta 2.17 Dot Positioning Bug in 2nd-Chord

Reply #1
G'day Kahman,
umm, that looks OK to me...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Good Evening Kahman;
   Though I agree it looks ambiguous as to what note the dot belongs to it is actually correct.

Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Reply #3
It is quite possible that it is correct.  However, it is extremely likely to confuse the players.
Oh, and Lawrie, what I mean by it is that the dot for the 4th note appears to be for the half note.  This could be the correct behavior, though, as Keith says.

Reply #4
G'day Kahman,
I recognise the point, however if the dot was for the minim (half note) then it would have been in the space for the minim and not the one above.

Of course, if everyting was raised a note then the dot would be in the same space regardless as both the line and space above use the same space for the dot - NWC has a quirk here in that if both notes were dotted then there would be 2 dots in the space, one above the other, instead of spreading the dots into 2 adjacent spaces chosen depending upon which lines and spaces were actually used...

I agree with Keith, the display is somewhat ambiguous but in this case correct.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.