Skip to main content
Topic: HELP ME!!!!! :( (Read 7805 times) previous topic - next topic

HELP ME!!!!! :(

hey,   i just downloaded the demo last night, and after i played around with it and saved a song and played it off of my desktop it was a piano sound instead of what i wanted it to be (a drum), and when i went back to making muisc it would'int let me play my song or the pre-made songs but it high-lighted the notes like when it plays a song, and my speakers work. can anybody help me????? thanks muisc man

Re: HELP ME!!!!! :(

Reply #1
in order to get the drum sound you have to switch the staff to midi channel 10, as for the silent playback first check to make sure your staff isn't musted then check your computer's sounds setting to make sure that midi playback isn't muted

Reply #2
did not work, oh and is my problem that the demo expired?????? PLEASE HELP ME muisc man

Reply #3
In order to get percussion sounds, open the file and put the cursor on the staff you want for percussion. Press F2 and under the Midi tab, in the dialogue box you will see where you can change the channel for that staff. Change it to channel 10. Within the same dialogue box check to see that your playback device is what you want it to be. Also check the volume adjustment (not in the box but on the top of the page on the task bar). The little speaker will take you to the volume adjustment. Sometimes the volume is changed to zero somehow. I am copying the following part from the help file for sound configuration - Hope this helps.
After NoteWorthy Composer 2 is initially installed onto your hard drive, it is immediately able to open and print score files with no further adjustments. The scores cannot be played back, however, until NoteWorthy Composer 2 is told which sound device(s) should be used for play back. When it is first installed, the MIDI Mapper will automatically be selected as your default play back device, unless you have already some other device in a prior version of the program. If you do not have any sound hardware on your computer system, NoteWorthy Composer 2 can still be used to create, edit, print, and save score files, but NoteWorthy Composer 2 will be unable to play the scores back so that you can hear them.

The following steps can be used to configure NoteWorthy Composer 2 for sound, so that you can hear scores on play back:

Step 1 : If not open already, start the NoteWorthy Composer 2 application

Step 2 : Open the menu titled Tools and select Options

Step 3 : Select the Midi tab from the group at the top of the dialog.

From within this dialog, follow the instructions as specified in the help section for this tab (see Midi Tab Help)

If there are not any devices listed in either the Available Devices or Devices Used for Play Back list box, then you either do not have sound equipment on your computer or the device has not been configured within Windows. Refer to the documentation associated with your sound card for information on setting up the device in Windows.

Hint : If there are many devices listed and you are not sure which one to select, chose the Microsoft MIDI Mapper, if it is listed. This will allow NoteWorthy Composer 2 to play songs using the same configuration that Windows uses in its own multi-media players. In general, it is a good idea to use only one device for play back. If you move more than one device into the used list, you may get unpredictable results, depending on whether your system really supports multiple, simultaneous MIDI sound sources.

Copyright © 2006 by NoteWorthy Software, Inc.

Reply #4
It does look like you copied all that from the website, especially the
Copyright © 2006 by NoteWorthy Software, Inc., fitzclan.

Are you having trouble with having it make any sound at all, or a drum sound,  music man?
Supported by The Brotherhood of Pandas

Reply #5
is my problem that the demo expired??????

absolutly not, I used the demo for 3 years before i bought the full product and it never switched off on me

Reply #6
MusicMan, double-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and see if any of the volume sliders are turned down.  If you only single-click the speaker icon you only see the Master Volume slider, but maybe some application (like the new Windows Media Player) has turned the Wave volume down to zero.  The new Windows Media Player is notorious for turning the Wave volume to zero when you pause it while playing a sound file.

Reply #7
G'day Milton,
The new Windows Media Player is notorious for turning the Wave volume to zero when you pause it while playing a sound file.

I think you mean the MIDI volume...  and you are quite correct, this is most likely MusicMan's problem...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #8
Lawrie, on my computer, running WinXP and the new Windows Media Player, it's the 2nd slider, marked "Wave" that gets set to zero when Media Player is paused while playing any type of sound file, whether .wav, .mp3, .mid or what-have-you.  My daughter actually rebooted the computer a couple of times, thinking it was fouled up when no sound would play, until I showed her the whole Windows mixer by double-clicking on the speaker icon.  Since I have both the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth that comes with XP and the Yamaha S-YXG 50 soft synth, but no hardware synth, my mixer doesn't show a "MIDI volume" slider.  Media Player doesn't affect the "SW synth" slider, only the "Wave" slider on my computer.  "That's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Reply #9
G'day Milton,
you should have a MIDI slider - if you open the control and select |Options|Properties|Playback (Radio button)|and tick the MIDI synth check box you'll then see "MIDI Synth" in the main mixer window...

It affects all my MIDI synths - the 2 Creative hardware ones, the Creative software one, the MS Softsynth and my Yamaha S-YXG-50...

Reply #10
Lawrie, for better or worse, my mixer displays no slider labeled "MIDI synth", only "SW synth".  Could be because this computer has no hardware sound card either, only a chip on the motherboard and software, just as it has no hardware modem either.  At any rate, Windows Media Player, otherwise known as @$%#^&*#$!!, always turns only the Wave slider down to zero when paused and leaves all the other sliders unaffacted.  Go figure!

Reply #11
IT WORKED!!!!!!!! :D THANKS DUDES   WoO HOO

Reply #12
oh and if i buy the CD, if an upgrade comes out can i upgrade the software??

Reply #13
yes you can, and it will be  fairly simple and completely free

Reply #14
G'day Milton,

Lawrie, for better or worse, my mixer displays no slider labeled "MIDI synth", only "SW synth".

Hmm, I can only assume that, as you have no hardware synth, "@$%#^&*#$!!" displays it as SW synth instead of MIDI synth.  'Tis intrustin' that "@$%#^&*#$!!" doesn't affect the synth slider - it seems to for most other people (or at least the equivalent MIDI synth slider) - perhaps there is something peculiar in your hardware design that confuses poor little "@$%#^&*#$!!"...

BTW, I don't experience this little problem as I have rejected the "@$%#^&*#$!!" update - I do not trust m$ DRM implementation...

Reply #15
Lawrie;
I think it might be the Yamaha synth that is doing it. I used to have a midi synth slider when all I had was the standard midi mapper and the Wave Tabel. Since I instaled the Yamaha synth, (thank God for this forum that had the workable xp link), I know have the SW synth. My 2¢ worth, not that it is worth that much. <lo>

Regards
Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Reply #16
the slider was the SW synth slider, if i dont have a midi slider can i still make muisc if i buy the software?

Reply #17
... if i dont have a midi slider can i still make muisc if i buy the software?
If you can play songs with the free viewer, they will play with the full package.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #18
ok, thanks