Skip to main content
Topic: MP3 file convertion (Read 4537 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 file convertion

Hi I have NWC v1.75.
I have choir music that I want to put into composer so that I can get to grips with the more complicatd sections of my pieces.
I have the tracks in MP3 file format. Is there any way to get MP3 files into NWC at all.

Hope someone can help.
Cheers

Re: MP3 file convertion

Reply #1
MP3 (and wav, au, asf, cd's, etc.) just reproduce a bunch of frequencies, much like a vinyl or tape recording. No software is even close to "reverse engineering" audio back into the notes, instruments and voices that created it.  With all their billions, TV networks and movie studios still rely on typists to do closed captioning. You will know when someone comes close. The copyright infringment facilitation lawsuit filed by the record companies will be front page news.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Hi Wooty,
Maybe you can  and find those particular pieces already sequenced in
Sriptorium ,and if not, there try Classical Midi Archives into Google I'm almost sure
you will get what you"r looking for there.The other option would be to enter just plain choir music and see what pops up.
Good Luck .

Reply #3
Hi Rich,
With regards to reverse engineering it just occured to me that you'd find a lot
of new boss- blond secretary jokes ,she woudn't have to type anymore .He just dictates straight into the computer .

Reply #4
The big problem is just how complicated the sound is for almost any instrument.  For example, your software identifies the frequency of a certain high frequency sound in the mix.  Is that the fundamental of a piccolo, a 3rd harmonic of a violin or the 6th harmonic of a tuba?
Since 1998