Skip to main content
Topic: Measure numbers every 5 measures (Read 3328 times) previous topic - next topic

Measure numbers every 5 measures

On many scores, the measure number is written each and every 5 measures rather than at each new staff line. This is great when working with landscape mode scores.
Does anyone else would like to have that kind of feature available in NWC ?

NWCly yours,
             Dominique

Re: Measure numbers every 5 measures

Reply #1
Yes, Dominique.

I agree it should be added to the wish list.

Reply #2
I prefer the Boxed letters font as posted on the newsgroup to numbers. To many opportunities for mistakes, especially on large scores.Not only that, but the graphics for compressed rests in the boxes font are a godsend!
Adam

Reply #3
I don't prefer one option over the other: I would like
to have both !

Reply #4
Hi Adam

I would like to have a copy of the Boxed letters font that you mention in your post. Please could you mail me a copy? Much appreciated.

Sergio.

Reply #5
I agree - I would love to have measure numbers every 5, 10 or so measures. I often use the software to print arrangements for the chours I sing with, and having every measure numbered can make the score confusing, but have some measures numbers really helps the chorus.

Reply #6
In the intervening 5 years since this message thread started, the font was created (even revised) and exists as "Boxmarks." Find it at the Scriptorium. Go to the NWC main page (click on logo at top of forum), then to User links, then Scriptorium, helpful files, fonts.

Reply #7
Don't put numbers every 5 measures unless the musical phrases are 5 measures long!  Put a number at the start of each phrase (or every other phrase if they're short).

Reply #8
The 1st comment in https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=2316 shows how to insert additional measure numbers with the boxmarks font.  Measure numbers at the beginning of each line might not be adequate when a new phrase starts in the middle of a line after a multi measure rest or there are many short measures on a line (e.g., series of whole notes).
Since 1998