Skip to main content
Topic: More dots - version 2.14 (Read 4890 times) previous topic - next topic

More dots - version 2.14

Take a look at the dots here - I think that is is still a bit awry.

Rich.

Re: More dots - version 2.14

Reply #1
For now, when the default dot placements conflict in intervals of a 2nd, the NWC1 dot placement scheme is used.

In split stem chords, the lower voice will always move the dot below a colliding staff line.

Reply #2
Yes, but which one is awry? the simple Chord reverts to 1.75b behaviour. (Support beat me to it)

Now this:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|RestChord|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:4th,Dotted|Pos2:-2,-1
|Bar
|RestChord|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:4th,Dotted|Pos2:-2,-1
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:3|Opts:Stem=Up
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Looks very strange. Of course, the first note is "unmusical", but still disconcerting.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
This:
|Clef|Type:Treble
|RestChord|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:8th,DblDotted|Pos2:-2,-1
is musical, and is still overlapping.
Supported by The Brotherhood of Pandas

Reply #4
Not real keen on these ones either...

|Clef|Type:Treble
|RestChord|Dur:8th,Dotted|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:8th,Dotted|Pos2:-3,-2
|Bar
|RestChord|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Down,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:8th|Pos2:-3,-2
|Bar
|RestChord|Dur:8th,Dotted|Opts:Stem=Down,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:8th,Dotted|Pos2:-3,-2
|Bar
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Now that I look at this, I don't think is a a problem of changing the dots. Looks like a spacing problem. I'll take these and add my own space. As the chief complainer about "too much space" over the past year, I'm happy to see too little.
|RestChord|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Down,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:8th|Pos2:-1
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:-6|Opts:Stem=Up
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Up
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:-6
I like the spacing on the 1st 8th note better than the 2nd one. I can always hide the rest.

Reply #6
Interesting things keep popping up.  Enter this on a staff:

|RestChord|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Down,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:8th,DblDotted|Pos2:-1o|Color:0|Visibility:Default

Then highlight it, press period twice to have it double-dotted.  Now press period one more time.  It should clear the dots, but it only clears the dots on the rest. 

Here:
 |RestChord|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Down,ArticulationsOnStem,VertOffset=-11|Dur2:Half|Pos2:2o|Color:0|Visibility:Default

if you wanted to dot the half note, you can't.

Neither of these are a problem for me, since I don't do much chording, but I thought it was interesting.

Reply #7
Well, mine technically isn't musical, but I've seen multi-voice staves end on different beats in rare instances.
Supported by The Brotherhood of Pandas

Reply #8
Those contemplating puchase of NWC surely try to beam or edit RestChords and split Chords. They must feel frustrated by the limitations.

I'll defer to those who started beta testing before I did, but it seems to me that once layering stopped being an "Experiment Feature", all work on these objects (RestChords and split Chords) stopped. A dubious decision, as it gives the impression that the software is unfinished.

From the perspective of selling the software (as opposed to using it), it would seem better not to have these objects than to have them partially implemented.