Skip to main content
Topic: Accessing Notewothy software.com (Read 6244 times) previous topic - next topic

Accessing Notewothy software.com

Suddenly, if I open the Help file in NWC2 and look for Access Noteworthy Software I am informed that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. It tells me to create an association in the  Folder Options in  Control panel. In Folder Options there are listed NWC files and NWC Itree files.  I have NWC to open with NWC2, and NWCItree opens with Wordpad.  
What more should I be doing
Where is the .php file that seems to be missing?
Why is this happening now after the latest update to NWC2?

Tony

Re: Accessing Notewothy software.com

Reply #1
Tony,

Just tried on my setup, and all seems OK.  But can I just check that you're taking the same actions as me.

When you say

if I open the Help file in NWC2

You do mean "Click on the help menu"  don't you?

And when you say

look for Access Noteworthy Software

When you click on the help menu, the option "Access NoteWorthy Software.com" is in the menu items displayed.
You just then need to click on it.

- Just checking !

Rich.

Reply #2
Richard,

I click on the Help tab, then on the "access Noteworthy Software.com" and this brings up the message about not having a program associated with it - unfortunately I cannot copy the actual message off the screen.
When I press OK for this message I get a reply "First try failed probably due to a system set-up problem with your default browser. Now trying a different approach."
After waiting some time with no action I prss the Ol for this message
This results in a Microsoft Internet Explorer  window with the message " cannot find '\\http:\\www.noteworthysoftware.com\nwc2.php  make sure the path or Internet address is correct"
At this point I am completely lost as to what action to take! It looks to me that the .php is at the Noteworthy end of things?

Tony

Reply #4
Well it sounds like some sort of association is broken on your system. I think Eric will have to answer this one.
Rich.

Reply #5
But as I see it my problem is that having established that it can connect to noteworthysoftware. it cannot find  ".php"  whatever that is.
Tony

Reply #6
The ".php" is just part of the URL, and is a non-issue when your system shell is correctly dealing with "https" resources.

It sounds like your system as an association problem with "https://" links. See me previous post for a link that might help to deal with this.

Reply #7
Thank you again for all your help.  The bug has gone away as mysteriously as it came! I can now connect up again exactly as before.

Tony

Reply #8
Just curious if you by chance restarted your computer between the time it didn't work and when it started working?  That seems to cure lots of ills.

Reply #9
Yes, I re-started several times over a period of days before it came good.  I am not too sure how  my various Internet security programs re-act to attempted internet connections. Curious things have happened before with other programs.

Tony