Skip to main content
Topic: Possible problem with MusikChordSans (Read 2670 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible problem with MusikChordSans

Hi Lawrie;
    Was using your MusikDingsSans group and noticed a possible problem with the Chord Varient. Went to use the flat symbol in parenthasis as a courtsy flat. It appears that the symbol is displaying one position below. I set the cursor at the B position on a treble cleff staff, and the flat symbol displays at the A space. Hope this explanation makes sense. Believe I have an e-mail address in my profile here. Will double check and make sure. Feel free to use it if you need further info.

Regards
Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Re: Possible problem with MusikChordSans

Reply #1
G'day Keith,
the *Chord fonts weren't designed for construction of courtesy accidentals...  That's the job of the courtesy glyphs in the *Dings fonts.

The parentheses and sharps/flats and other glyphs in the *Chord fonts are (I hope, they're certainly supposed to be) internally consistent for use with each other when creating chord symbols above the staff.  They weren't intended to be placed within the staff.

Hopefully that makes sense.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
That makes perfect sense.  Unfortunetly I am currently restrictedb to using my laptob so donot have the keypad to easly acess the extended charecter set.  Tried using the windows harecter map to copy to clip board and then paste into the expression box, but was hit an miss as to weither it would work. Thanks for the quick response.

Keith

Reply #3
Keith,
grab a copy of Typecase - it lets you select what you want from a good display and put it in a buffer that you can transfer to the clipboard.

It is available on Robert A.'s website:
http://www.icogitate.com/~ergosum/fonts/music-fonts2.htm
Scroll down nearly to the bottom - there's a download button in a section titled IMPORTANT

I almost never use the keypad, Typecase is _MUCH_ better :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Thanks Lawrie, grabbed a copy and am installing now. Hopefully will work better than the standard windows charecter map.

Keith