|Chord|Dur:4th,Grace|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down|Dur2:Half,Grace|Pos2:2
|Note|Dur:4th,Grace|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down
|Chord|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down|Dur2:4th,Grace|Pos2:2
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down
|Chord|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First|Dur2:4th,Grace|Pos2:2
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Invoking: Tools->Audit Note Stems
on the above clip changes the duration of the Chord in all but the last (beamed) group.

Even worse: Select the entire staff and click the Stem Up button. Durations change and stems disappear.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Audit Bug (Beta 2.03)

Reply #1
Moved into its own topic.

Confirmed. This will be fixed in the next release.

Reply #2
Fixed in Beta 2.04. The stem audit now handles the split stem grace notes in a similar fashion to standard notes. The Stem Up/Down tools are no longer possible on split stem grace notes, which is consistent with the way non-grace notes have always been handled.

Reply #3
10 days from bug report to fix!

Here's an obscure one. Run Audit Note Stems on:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Chord|Dur:8th,Triplet=First|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Down|Dur2:4th|Pos2:0
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet|Pos:-3
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=End|Pos:-4
|Chord|Dur:8th,Triplet=First|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Down|Dur2:4th|Pos2:0
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:1
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet|Pos:-3
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=End|Pos:-4
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
1st triplet is correct. Grace note causes problem in 2nd triplet. A minor thing, but ...

Reply #4
Love that new "Paste as new file" feature - wonderful!

Oh, yeah, I see your point Rick... :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
I too love that new paste feature.  Thanks, Eric!

Rick, I don't truly understand, but I think you are expecting the second triplet bracket to appear above the figure.  I think arithmetically that's wrong, since you are bracketing a quarter note and two eighth notes.  NWC may be assuming the triplet is to modify the three eighth notes, and brackets according to the stem direction of the first of the three (down).

I checked it with and without the grace note, didn't see the bracket go up in either case.  The note stems of the last two eighths did go down when I did the note stem audit after removing the grace note.

Reply #6
G'day David,
Ricks talking about the stem direction after the audit.  In the second triplet, all the quaver stems should be down, but the last 2 are up.

Audit Bug (Beta 2.04)

Reply #7
Confirmed. This will be fixed in the next release.

Reply #8
Love that new "Paste as new file" feature - wonderful!
Maybe I'm stupid or my computer is buggy, but I select notation, copy it and paste as new file. An empty score appears, ready for me to paste as usual. It is helpful as it is quicker than opening a new file, but wasn't the notation supposed to be automatically pasted into the system?

Reply #9
... wasn't the notation supposed to be automatically pasted into the system?
Perhaps you selected it, but forgot to copy it.  Worked fine for me using the clip earlier in this thread.

Reply #10
Ahem. When I copy a textual clip from the forum, it can be pasted as a new file. But if I copy some bars from an open score, some garbage or nothing appears when I paste that into a new file. If I paste the content into a text editor, copies it again from there and pastes back into NWC, it works.

Is that new paste function only meant to be used for importing clips from e.g. the forum, or also meant to be used within NoteWorthy Composer 2 itself? *scratches head* Or is it my computer that acts up?

Reply #11
... if I copy some bars from an open score, some garbage or nothing appears when I paste that into a new file.
Confirmed. I also got an ACCESS_VIOLATION once.  A clip from an open score has an extra format: NoteWorthy Composer 2 Ctl+Shft+v seems to get confused when this format is present.

I saved the clip to a file and reloaded it. Same problem.

Reply #12
It's probably my fault. 

I requested this in the WishList:
When working with questions in the forum or when trying to develop an answer to someone's question, I often need to open a new file to try  something out or to see what the questioner means.
  Is there a possibility of NWC2 getting a default option to go straight  to a new file with just one staff, rather than the two step dialogue box?  I  find the extra keystrokes or mouseclicks distracting, even though there are  only a couple of them.   (The template options are good for those who need those options, but they  don't fit either my "quick and dirty" example-type files nor a band or orchestral chart; I never use anything but the first selection. The file  info dialogue is only needed if one is creating a file that will be saved.)

We exchanged an email or two, and just before the release of the latest update, Eric wrote this to me:

For now, we decided not to change the way the File, New command works.   However, we did add a new command, Paste as New File, for a quick way to create a file from the contents of the clipboard. This should, at least, simplify the pasting of NWC2 clips into the program.

So, at the risk of putting words in his mouth, I think most likely Eric was only thinking about copying the clips we use in this forum, and the new feature works very well for that.

Will it be enhanced?  Only Eric can say.

Reply #13
David, I don't think this will be a problem to fix. NWC simply has call the proper routine depending on the format in the clipboard.

I agree with you that File->New should not pause at the info screen.

Reply #14
The problems with Paste as New File will be corrected in the next release, which will be available shortly.

Reply #15
Beta 2.05 is now available. It fixes the problems described here.

Reply #16
Got it, seems to work OK for me so far...   ;)

Reply #17
Same here.  So far no issues.