Skip to main content
Topic: Problems with NTWPATCH (Read 4054 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with NTWPATCH

I have recently had a major overhaul of my PC and re-installed NWC and NWC2. I use a Soundblaster Live sound card. As part of the re-installation I am adding some organ sound fonts with the Creative Audio system. I have created an addition to the NTWPATCH for the "jeuxdorgues" sound font in this form:- 

[jeuxdorgues1]
Grand plein jeu=
G.P.jeu + Anches=
Plein jeu=
Grand jeu=
Cornet (II)=
Nazard=
Gambe douce (II)=
Principaux=
Cromone=
Fonds=
Fonds doux=
Voix humaine=

and the jeuxdorgues is added to the list at the head of the patch.

However when I open the Instrument window in NWC and select the 'jeudorgues', the window shows no Stop names but only numbers in the form [1] For the native Instrument lists the names are shown as in the NTWPATCH.

It all worked perfectly well previously!

Any comments, please?

Tony

Re: Problems with NTWPATCH

Reply #1
G'day Tony,
found it.

The section marker for your patch list is as follows:
[jeuxdorgues1]

For the Patch list Type at the head of the .iniof file you have:
jeuxdorgues=

Note the missing "1" - or the trailing "1" in the patch list section marker.

Either way, make 'em match and it'll work.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Lawrie,

Many thanks for your, as usual, helpful reply.  I now have all the stops for the three organ fonts I have installed, jeux d'orgues, jeux 1.4 and Stefan's Cathedral Pipe Organ, displaying correctly in the Noteworthy 1 and 2 Instrument windows.
Having congratulated myself on this, I found to my horror that even when selected, all I got was the standard piano sound. I now have to find out why, as SB Live Synth A [E800] is the place where the sound fonts are stroed and is the selected Midi device in NWC

Tony

Reply #3
G'day Tony,
hmm, I could probably help with the NWC2 iTree but I've never had much to do with NWC1's NTWPATCH.INI.

Perhaps someone else can help wit NWC1

For NWC2, my guess is that you need to configure the bank selection.  E.G.

Selection from my Default.nwcitree (highly modified :)   )

\Organs\Jeux\Standard=Bank(42,0)
Montre 8=0
Prestant 4=1
Doublette 2=2

Note the Bank(42,0) where 42=MSB and 0=LSB in the bank select section of the MIDI Patch Instructions in Instrument selection...  The bank you need to identify is where your Organ patches installed in the synth configuration.  42 is standard for Jeux

I imagine a similar issue exists with the NTWPATCH.INI

I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
The NTWPATCH.INI does not include support for any built-in bank select. You have to do it manually from the Insert, Instrument Patch dialog.

Reply #5
May I add that on the Noteworthy Scriptorium Helpful Files Section there is a bit about "How to use Jeux and AWEOrgan soundfonts in NWC." (specifically for NWC version 1.*)
May I suggest you read that and enjoy?! It will greatly enhance your use of NWC with the Jeux soundfont(s).

Please reply to here if you have more questions (though I may be slow in replying... :-)

Reply #6
Thank you for your helpful replies which I shall follow up. The annoying thing is that I had the whole lot working before I was foreced into a major re-hash of my PC!
Tony