Skip to main content
Topic: Can I pay you to help me w/noteworthy? (Read 7757 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I pay you to help me w/noteworthy?

Hi,

I'm interested in having some sheet music entered into Noteworthy composer so that I can play it back on my computer - making it easier/faster for me to learn the song.

In the past, I used a trial version of Finale to scan music in - but there were so many errors that it really didn't save time over manual entry.

So here's what I'm interested in (or if you've got a better idea, I'd love to hear it):

1. I fax you the sheet music (theoretically could scan and e-mail but a little more work for me)
2. You put the song into noteworthy
3. You e-mail file to me
4. I mail you a check.

I'm not looking to put Rachmaninoff in there; first songs are Beatles songs (for piano): 4-5 pages.

You'd need to be proficient w/Noteworthy: ties, chords with notes of different duration, etc.

How much would I pay you? You tell me. I'm hoping that I hear back from several interested people who can tell me (a) how familiar they are w/the software and (b) how much they want to charge me. Then I'll pick someone.

If you're interested, or have thoughts, please send me e-mail: adam@medjet.net

thanks,
Adam

Re: Can I pay you to help me w/noteworthy?

Reply #2
Just out of curiosity, which songs?

Reply #3
Which songs? Sgt pepper; Lady Madonna; to name some points of interest.
thanks for the feedback so far.

Reply #4
Do you use NoteWorthy version 2 that would allow the usage of Sharpeye and Nicolas Hatier's MXML conversion program ?
Rich.

Reply #5
Which songs? Sgt pepper; Lady Madonna; to name some points of interest.
thanks for the feedback so far.

Tsk tsk tsk, you need to listen to more Lennon.

my suggestion is search the internet for Beatles Midis (usually in the form of ringtones) import it on to noteworthy and pretty it up

Reply #6
I suggest that you take the time to enter them in yourself. You will be proficient in short order. NWC is a valuable tool not only for notation, but for learning as well. As you use it, your sight reading skills will be sharpened.

Reply #7
Hmmm, are you really too (pick one or two) cheap, busy, talented, dumb, lazy, or important to do a bit of learning and do this for yourself?  Anyone worth his salt will charge you far more than the cost of the NWC program and the small amount of time and effort required to learn the program and do the work.

Your post strikes me as being a tad on the arrogant side.  If this is so then consider yourself chastised.  If this is not the case then I apologize for my error and for my bluntness.

Regardless, if there is a compelling reason that you cannot do this for yourself for yourself then I will do it for you free of charge.  Further, I am sure that there are others who will consider helping you at no charge if you are truly unable to do this for yourself.

Otherwise, if yours is simply a case of "don't want to" (for whatever reason) then I'll do it for $300 per hour (US), in advance, of course.

-- Debo

Reply #8
Just so no one wastes their time on this one.

Reply #9
What a pleasure it was to listen to your version, Fitzclan.  I don't think I've ever heard it just on piano before.

Thank you for posting it.

Reply #10
My pleasure. It's a good piano piece as it is easily recognized even if you don't sing...like me...sorry to say!

Reply #11
It seems Lady Madonna.nwc is in version 2, but this forum is version 1...

Reply #12
Not really.  This forum is for general discussions.  The other one is for discussions peculiar to NWC2.  Time to upgrade?  For sure, you won't regret it.