Skip to main content
Topic: Updating to the new Beta 2 version of the Viewer  (Read 3386 times) previous topic - next topic

Updating to the new Beta 2 version of the Viewer

Eric,

There seems to be something amiss with the updating mechanisms for the 1.7 and Beta 2 Viewers.

First, after your announcement of the new Beta 2 Viewer, I tried to check for an update with Version 2.0 Public Preview 1.7 still installed and I received the following message from the Viewer web page:

"You are using the most recent version of this program."

Just curious why 1.7 wouldn't recognize that a newer verison was available.

So I manually downloaded and installed Version 2.0 Beta 2.  Just for grins I selected "Check for Web Updates" from the Help menu and was transported to the Viewer's web page which told me:

"An update for this program is available. You can acquire the update from the following page:

NoteWorthy Composer Viewer Download Start Page"

Thinking that my system might not fully know that I had installed the latest version, I rebooted my computer.

After logging on again and opening the viewer once more and selecting the "Check for Web Updates", I again got the message that an update is available.  Thinking "It may be possible Eric has issued an update already", I went ahead and clicked on the link and was sent to the Viewer Download Start Page.  I downloaded and installed the update and for grins I go through the whole exercise again.  Guess what?  I still get a message that an update exists.

So to complete the experiment I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the viewer including Version 2.0 Public Preview 1.7, rebooting my computer after each action all with the same results.

Sorry to be so longwinded with this message but I wanted to give you as much information and let you know that I've cover all of the logical possibilities before I posted this as a possible bug.

Re: Updating to the new Beta 2 version of the Viewer

Reply #1
I can confirm this weird behaviour. I downloaded and installed the latest version (Beta 2) yesterday. Just checked for updates from within the programme and got the update (?).
Using comparison software, the two setup thingies are identical.

Michael - did you install V2.2 in the same place as V2 1.7?

Reply #2
Thanks. I'll look into the problem.

Reply #3
Problem corrected. The Help menu's Check for Updates should now be fully functional in the Viewer.