Skip to main content
Topic: hats off To Lawri and his Swing Dings font family (Read 6049 times) previous topic - next topic

hats off To Lawri and his Swing Dings font family

Just downloaded and tried Lawrie's swingdings fonts from the scripto and they are great. They give the look and feel of handwritten scores or a good fake book. Thank You for all the hard work.

Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Re: hats off To Lawri and his Swing Dings font family

Reply #1
G'day Keith,
glad you like 'em...

[glow=red,2,300]<blush>[/glow]
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Good morning to all,
  I join my voice and hand claps to Lawrie too!!! :)

You did a great job, and some of my musicians (I play/manage a church band) will prefer the new look I can give to the scores. Particularly my guitarist is "aux anges" (untranslatable: very happy) with the guitar chords names! ;)

I'm glad to see that there are still people like you to provide world with their work, for the benefit of everyone.

God bless you,

Best regards,
    Dominique 'Marsu'

Reply #3
When I printed off Sing, Sing, Sing for my college jazz band this spring, everyone complained that the music was "all computery and stuff." I explained that I didn't feel like writing twelve parts and a score by hand, and that my computer wasn't capable of jazz notation...

Wow, are they going to be pleased when I rearrange it for the new 2007 jazz band!

I love it!

(My brother is in for a surprise, too, as I have changed the font and not yet changed it back to the normal one...he uses the same computer a lot...!)

Bob
Deranged Arranger
Electric Church/Jazz Fiddle

Reply #4
Marsu and Bob,
thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback and I'm very glad you like the fonts.
:)

Reply #6
Great work, Lawrie!
One request for modifying font: such as small-"m", "O" on "/", etc., could you please merge path of the glyph.  It will work better.
Anyway, Thanks a lot!!

Reply #7
G'day Hiroki,

glad you like it.

One request for modifying font: such as small-"m", "O" on "/", etc., could you please merge path of the glyph.  It will work better.
Anyway, Thanks a lot!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Would you expand on it a bit?

Reply #8
G'day again Hiroki,
I think I figured out what you meant.  I thought I'd resolved all those little annoyances.  The current version, as yet unpublished, has 'em fixed.  (pretty sure I got 'em all this time)

I won't republish until I know what's going on with NWC2 - see https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5617.0 as this will impact on the naming.

Thanks for spotting those oversights.