Skip to main content
Topic: How do I become a virtuoso???? (Read 26321 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I become a virtuoso????

I am a [glow=green,2,300]NWC 2 Tester[/glow]. Is there any way I can become a Virtuoso?? Does it have something to do with helping alot of people out in the Forum?? Does it have to do with submitting many song into the scriptorium?? Can anyone tell me how to become one?? Please?? I would appreciate it.
joshers2005

Re: How do I become a virtuoso????

Reply #1
Well, I looked in the members section, I found out that virtuosos had a minimum of over 50 posts. Does this mean that if I post over 50 posts I will be a virtuoso???
joshers2005

Reply #2
As I understand it, the virtuosi (sp) are those who participated in the original beta testing of nwc2 (pre-public preview)

Reply #4
One can only become a virtuoso with practice, practice, practice...
John

Reply #5

One can only become a virtuoso with practice, practice, practice...

On the way to Carnagie Hall...

Reply #6
The current virtuosos are a combination of users who originally posted NWC usertips and very early NWC2 testers. At the moment, this group is not accepting new members, but this could change soon.

Reply #8
I can't wait until the rules of a "NWC Forum Virtuoso" change!!!! For now, I'm just going to deal with being a NWC2 Tester. Hey!!! At least I have some extra privilleges and not none.
joshers2005

Reply #9
Dear Josh,
May I suggest that you let others call you magnificent instead of being self proclaimed? Otherwise you will never really know whether or not you are as good as you think.

Reply #10
I live by the motto, If I Don't Toot My Own Horn, Nobody Else Will  (and sure enough, they don't).

Josh has done some pretty nice work from what I've seen of it so far.

I think his title would sound better as Joshua the Magnificent, but hey! I didn't write it for him.

Reply #11
Whoa Buddy! No malintent. I guess we're all entitled to our own philosophies on things! I did check out a sampling of stuff on your website. A little whacky but hey, you're 18 and for that you're damn good!l What's up with the odd end note thing? Signature?

Reply #12

It wasn't Josh who wrote the "toot my own horn" thing.  Sorry if I misled you.

Reply #13
I have to reply to David:

If I don't toot my own horn...

Hear! Hear! I wouldn't let any one near enough my horn to toot it, they might damage the reed.

Stuart Moffatt
Lurking with a bad hand :-)
Stuart Moffatt

Reply #14
With a big opening and a thick reed, noone else may be able to toot it!

(I'm only using a default mpc - currently Selmer 5 (?) - and 2 1/2 strength on my alto)