Skip to main content
Topic: Special opening decoration for SATB (Read 3823 times) previous topic - next topic

Special opening decoration for SATB

The score I'm using to learn NWC2 has 3 soli, SATB and piano. NWC2 allows braces to mark the opening staves of the soli and the piano as grouped, but I can't figure out how to apply the special kind of bracket that's normally used for SATB and other quartets. There is a Sample file that has this decoration, but I've not been able to either import that bracket into my existing system nor to cut and paste from my score into the Sample file and then add the rest of the staves without destroying the bracket.

I've been putting it in for printing via a conversion to another fromat from NWC2's native format, but that is awfully clumsy and I'm trying to get as much out of NWC2 as possible before having to resort to workarounds.

Thanks for any help,

Frank

PS to Richard: it's the same file I sent you for the fix and thanks again for helping me with it.      FHK

Re: Special opening decoration for SATB

Reply #1
Frank,

Not sure which groupings you mean, but NWC doesn't do every grouping that people want - or at least it does the grouping but not necessarily in the way that people want.

If you saw how you would like your SATB staves in a sample file then if you say which sample file it is, someone will probably be able to tell you how to do it (even if it involves a work around because of the way your file is structured)

In the meantime, if you just want a vertical line running through the SATB staves , then you just need to change each one to an orchestral  style - staff properties - visual tab.

Rich.

Reply #2
The file I found that contains the opening bar decoration I want is NWC2/Templates/Custom.nwc. It shows a quartet of flutes, oboes and clarinets with German text.

Frank

Reply #3
You can only get that bracketing (the bits that are at the top and the bottom) where the very top staff is orchestral and the very bottom staff is orchestral.

The only thing I can suggest is that for the SATB section, you have a bracket in the same fashion as the Grand staff.
(That takes a bit of a fudge as well)
Rich.

Reply #4
Would this score layout be of any assistance?
Unlayer it to check the various staff properties.

Reply #5
Thanks, David, but the score sample doesn't have the decorations on the ends of the bar lines that I'm looking for.

Frank