Skip to main content
Topic: Why is the "attachment" feature disabled now? (Read 5202 times) previous topic - next topic

Why is the "attachment" feature disabled now?

Why is the "attachment" feature disabled now? On January 29, 2006, it was still enabled...

Code: [Select · Download]
+ Additional Options...

Notify me of replies.
 Return to this topic.
 Don't use smileys.
Attach:

Allowed file types: txt, jpg, gif, pdf, mpg, png
Maximum attachment size allowed: 128 KB

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Re: Why is the "attachment" feature disabled now?

Reply #1
Looks OK to me
Rich.

Reply #2
Virtuoso users have special permissions. Soon, NWC2 eligible users will be able to upgrade their community membership status, and also enjoy special permissions.

Reply #3
Virtuoso users have special permissions. Soon, NWC2 eligible users will be able to upgrade their community membership status, and also enjoy special permissions.
Since when is this rule added? Please tell me the date of when it's added and why you added the rule.

Reply #4
Since when is this rule added? Please tell me the date of when it's added and why you added the rule.
PLEEEEEASE! JUST TELL ME WHHHHHYYYYY!

Reply #6
Quote from: user111
Quote from: user111
Quote from: NoteWorthy Online
PLEEEEEASE! JUST TELL ME WHHHHHYYYYY!
PLEASE! TELL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Reply #7
This is not funny anymore. You need help.

Reply #8
Limiting the ability to send attachments is a way to reduce the risk of harm from mischief-makers.

Eric seems to feel that Virtuoso users will not be ill-intentioned, so he's reserved the privilege for them.  It's not a perfect system, but Eric has chosen it for now.

As owner of the site, NWC has the right to choose to whom it will grant various privileges.