Skip to main content
Topic: Can I convert a PDF file to NWC? (Read 6340 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I convert a PDF file to NWC?

I recieved a PDF file from a friend and I want to put it on NWC. But I can't figure out how to do it, please explain.

Re: Can I convert a PDF file to NWC?

Reply #1
NWC doesn't support optical character recognition.

You would have to type it in, note by note.

Reply #2
Some use Sharpeye. Tina Billett and Christophe, in the newsgroup, to name two. Tina says so, and Christophe is so impossibly fast that he must use some tool, and I believe it it Sharpeye. It comes at a price, though: $179.
See http://www.tempomusic.com/sharpeye.htm

Reply #3
...is so impossibly fast...
How fast is fast?
I did the Rutter Magnificat in 8 days, during which time I played with my sons, went sledding and to movies with the whole family, etc.  It was their February vacation after all.
Am I fast, slow, or typical (And yes, it was all typed in by hand - no Sharpeye or other scanners.)?

Reply #4
Christophe & Tools churns them out a whole lot faster. And very, very accurate.

Reply #5
The speed of notation with Sharpeye depends very much on the source (score). It can be very fast, on the other hand it can be slow and painstaking.

Just too clarify my own use of Sharpeye. It is not as fast as I use to notate directly, but I would have stopped producing NWC files altogether without it.

Tina

Reply #6
Just too clarify...

Reply #7
Place the pdf on a table. Light three red candles on the same table. Sacrifice a chicken; don't wring its neck, slit its throat and pour the blood directly on the ground. Walk around the table slowly three times, saying: "PeeDeeEff, become NoteWorthy" the whole time. Cook and eat the chicken.

This is not guaranteed to give as reliable results as the recommended program, but it's a lot cheaper and you get a chicken dinner.

Reply #8
LOL!
Brilliant!