Skip to main content
Topic: Incert Notes which have different length at the same Staff (Read 2187 times) previous topic - next topic

Incert Notes which have different length at the same Staff

For example, for soprano I would like put a 2nd note and then 4th and 4th. At the same staff I also put an notes for Alto. first 4th, 4th, 4th and 4th.
It's time signature is 4/4. However when I play this staff, NWC recognizes it as if there is one 2nd and three 4th instead two 4th.
How can I fix it?

--------2nd----------4th----4th--------
----------------------------------------
--------4th------------------4th--------
--------------4th----4th----------------
-----------------------------------------

Re: Incert Notes which have different length at the same Staff

Reply #1
How can you fix it?

F --------2nd----------4th----4th--------
D ----------------------------------------
B --------4th------------------4th--------
G --------------4th----4th----------------
E -----------------------------------------

Assuming you mean a "half-note" (2nd note) and "quarter-note" (4th note), then here is what I believe you want to do.  I will assume the above is a treble clef and use the note names I inserted.

Select a half note.  Click on "stem up", position the cursor on the top line (F), and press ENTER to insert the soprano half note.  Now select a quarter note and click on "stem down".  Position the cursor on the middle line (B), then press CTRL-ENTER to insert the first alto note.  Then position the cursor on the 2nd from bottom line (G) and press ENTER for the second alto note.

Now click on "stem up" (quarter note should still be selected), position the cursor on the top line (F) and press ENTER to insert the next soprano quarter note.  Click on "stem down", position the cursor on the 2nd from bottom line (G) and press CTRL-ENTER for the next alto note.

Now click on "stem up" (quarter note should still be selected), position the cursor on the top line (F) and press ENTER to insert the next soprano quarter note.  Click on "stem down", position the cursor on the middle line (B) and press CTRL-ENTER for the next alto note.

I hope this made sense and is what you are looking for.

John