Skip to main content
Topic: Why don't I meet the requirements for MWC2? (Read 4303 times) previous topic - next topic

Why don't I meet the requirements for MWC2?

I want to download the Version 2 software, but when I fill out the online form I'm told I'm not eligible. When I purchased NWC in 2001, I received a Version 1.70 CD. Some time ago I downloaded the upgrade to 1.75b from the site. Am I not eligible to ge Version 2.0 because my CD is 1.70?

Re: Why don't I meet the requirements for MWC2?

Reply #2
I want to download the Version 2 software, but when I fill out the online form I'm told I'm not eligible. When I purchased NWC in 2001, I received a Version 1.70 CD. Some time ago I downloaded the upgrade to 1.75b from the site. Am I not eligible to ge Version 2.0 because my CD is 1.70?
No, you're not eligible, and,,,, YES, THEY ARE SO MEAN!!!
DAMN!!!

Reply #3
You're shouting again, 111.

It's not that they're mean.  There's a bit of history.  Someone was selling illegal copies of version 1.70, so when version 1.75 was released, it had some changes to eliminate that problem.

NWC has no way of knowing if your version of 1.70 is legitimate or not.  NWC is a business, they're entitled to be protect their financial interests.

If you were in their shoes, would you spend thousands of hours developing a product to sell, and then help people steal it from you?

Reply #4
Don't forget the other option: upgrade to the 1.75b CD for $15. Then, when 2.0 is released you will be entitled to a free official copy. That's what I did. Please don't rehash the notion of "Why should I pay $15 for something I already legally own?"  I considered it paying $15 for the right to preview 2.0, and get a free copy when it is released.

Reply #5
Thanks to all for your advice. I'd already concluded I need to buy the $15 upgrade; I was just frustrated that I have to wait for the CD to arrive by snail mail. I could really have used the hairpin crescendo capability this weekend, and the downloadable TrueType fonts, clever as they are, are just too cumbersome to be practical.