Skip to main content
Topic: Printing to PDF from NWC2 (Read 3252 times) previous topic - next topic

Printing to PDF from NWC2

I have sucessfully used the PDF printer driver from scansoft with NWC. When I attempt to use it with NWC2 with identical settings it does not display the NWC2STDA font. My first thought was that since it is beta software if there were a software lock on the font. Thanks for any light that you can shed.

Keith

Re: Printing to PDF from NWC2

Reply #1
NWC1 uses a standard text font for its notation. NWC2 uses a symbol font. I would guess that your PDF software has a problem with capturing the symbol font used by NWC2.

We have tested NWC2 using Adobe's PDF Distiller, and there is no problem with the resulting PDF.

Reply #3
I've had no problems using PDF995 with NWC2.  In fact, I created an entire music book of almost 400 songs for my band using PDF995 and NWC2 (which I will probably redo, now that the centering on the page issue is fixed).  They love it, because I just have to tell them the page numbers and they can print it out as they need it.  I just put all the songs on a CD and gave the bandmembers the CD.  I've saved a ton of printer ink.

John

Reply #4
Way to go John.

Reply #5
Thank you gentleman. I suspected it was a difference in the font. I had searched the forum before hand but was hoping to not have to duplicate the means to the desired ends. Again thank you all for your insights.

Keith