Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome to the NoteWorthy Composer 2 Forum (Read 9628 times) previous topic - next topic

Welcome to the NoteWorthy Composer 2 Forum

This is a forum to share your experiences with NoteWorthy Composer 2, at least during its public preview phase. Please use this forum for discussion of the program and its usage.

Re: Welcome to the NoteWorthy Composer 2 Forum

Reply #1
Just to get the ball rolling...

NWC2 allows notes to be created with invisible note-heads, and with ultra-short stems. Such "phantom" notes can be used to anchor other things (such as "naked" beams) that will be visibly and movable, according to where the phantom notes are placed. (Be sure to mute the phantom notes, too)

Reply #2
I was slightly dissapointed to see that NWC 2 doesn't have the option for cue notes. :-(

Reply #3
They can still be placed manually, as before. But the purpose of the NWC2 public preview (as I understand it) is to ensure bug-free, rather than to request additional features.

Reply #4
Quoting from the announcement:

Just as we did with the original NoteWorthy Composer Version 1 product, NoteWorthy Composer Version 2 is undergoing an extensive development cycle before it is targeted for general release.

I think that suggests there is more to come. I do hope so, there are still quite a few fundamental errors and ommissions. And there's nothing wrong with pointing them out. NW is of course perfectly entitled to ignore such suggestions, but far better to have them aired in public.

Reply #5
And they can't be placed manually as proper notes. If you use grace notes they come before the proper staff position and don't play properly.

Reply #6
... they can be placed manually as pre-formed text notes from another font (I've been doing that for some time). Agreed that an internal method would be nicer, but it's not an impossible task.

It's up to Noteworthy Software, but my own US$0.02 worth would be to release the program, then add post-release upgrades as with NWC1.

Reply #7
Will this page be added to either (or both) the NoteWorthy home page or the site map?  Or should I add a new icon to my "useful links" local page?  Currently I'm getting here by going to "What's New", "NWC2 Forum now available", and here.

Reply #8
There is a link at the top of the main NWC2 page.

As recent activities should indicate, we are in the process of developing NWC2 infrastructure, and integrating it into our overall site.