Skip to main content
Topic: Drums Scoring (Read 3301 times) previous topic - next topic

Drums Scoring

I don't play the drums so my hands are a bit tied as I do not know what note is what drum on a drum kit. When adding in drum parts from a full score to a musical, will the notes in the score be right and still work and sound good when in Noteworthy Composer??

Madgewick :o)

Re: Drums Scoring

Reply #1
Check out the files "Writing and Hearing parts for Kit Drummers" and "Midi Drum List" in the USER TIPS in the Noteworthy home page.

Midi drum patches are not on the same lines as on a standard drum score but you can change them to match using IDEdit I think. The first Tip listed above explains this more and tells you were to get it.

Reply #2
You may also change all notes to the correct original MIDI
note and use it. EX: Snare is E I believe on a trapset, but
in MIDI, it's a D. You can find all the correct note values
for each instrument in Help, Contents, Troubleshooting,
Common Questions, Question #6. It shows the name of the
auxillary or trap instrument and the correct note value. You
must knkow what each note on a real drum staff stands for
first! I've attempted to use the IDEdit program, but came
up with no success. Maybe I just didn't do it right. But with
this, you can't go wrong!

Reply #3
Hi I am a rergistered user of noteworthy and I play the drums. How can I change the notation to drums I have tried everything Please help

Reply #4
If you can write a drum score, you can use the section in the Help file: Contents, Troubleshooting,
Common Questions, Question #6 to change tthe insrument to the correctt note. (The first note is 34?, which is a bass drum i think... The best way to do this is with a bass clef Octave DOWN on the C in the second space from the bottom...)

Reply #5
yes