Skip to main content
Topic: converting keyboard hard disk to cd format (Read 2990 times) previous topic - next topic

converting keyboard hard disk to cd format

I am trying to take a hard disk that has music saved from our keyboard at church.  I need to somehow convert those songs into a format where I can burn it onto a cd.  I am clueless when it comes to this stuff.  I am just trying to help out in a bind.  The files are coming up as .sng file extensions and is unrecognizable on my windows xp.  What can I do to convert these.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Re: converting keyboard hard disk to cd format

Reply #1
The sng file format is neither MIDI or NoteWorthy.
Try asking your question at the alt.music.midi newsgroup through your news reader.

Reply #2
I doubt if this will work but it's worth a try.

Make a copy of one of the .sng files, then try changing the name of the copy so the extension is .mid instead of .sng

Reply #3
It is at least possible that the old .sng format is Midisoft's older propriety format. see http://www.khen.com/music.htm

I could not open the file with my midisoft 6.5 program, so may need midisoft 4.0.

If they are Midisoft 4.0 files, they could be opened with that program and then saved as midi's.

Reply #4
...then saved as MIDIs.

Reply #5
.sng is the extension that is used by Midisoft Studio. If you can find this anywhere, use it to convert the file to .mid, then use Noteworthy to convert this into .nwc.
If you get stuck, send the .sng file to robdenheijer@hotmail.com, and I will be happy to return a Noteworthy file to you - 2 mins work.