Skip to main content
Topic: Cue notes (Read 4017 times) previous topic - next topic

Cue notes

The last update in the forum I saw on cue notes is from 2001. Has anyone had any new ideas since then? It appears that it is still not an option with the current version of Noteworthy.

Re: Cue notes

Reply #1
There is still no direct way to do this, but there is a workaround.  Use the NWCV15 font as a user font and insert the notes as text.  Of course, the use of beams would be impossible.

For more information, check out https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=2316.

HTH
Since 1998

Reply #2
My "MusiSync" font has a variety of notes (including some beamed combinations) that can be used as cue notes in NWC1.75. Find it from my site index http://www.icogitate.com/~ergosum

You would use it as a user-defined text font. It is somewhat more flexible than using NWCV15 for that purpose.

Reply #3
...MusiSync font...
Can you beam together, say, a C and a D?
Or only notes of the sam pitch?

Reply #4
... If you were referring to the MusiSync font, it does contain a few note groups at different pitches. But it would be impossible to cover every situation, especially because the vertical change from one note to the next depends on the font size relative to the staff size. I think that the font might work, though, since I created it with NWC in mind in terms of its dimensions.

If it doesn't do what you want, at least the font is free!

Reply #5
...notes of the sam pitch?
Wow, I sure can spell!
I meant "same pitch."
Too bad the spell checker can't catch something like that, huh?

Reply #6
I nevr uz the spel chekr.

Reply #8
Did I ever mention that in the state where I live (California) I'm fully certified to teach English at every grade level? It's true! Alas, in the state where I live, Father Guido Sarducci is fully qualified to be governor, not to mention a certain cyborg.

Reply #9
Well, he did say "I vill be bahck". He wasn't kidding.

Reply #10
I remember about thirty years ago, when Arnold and I were in school together, we were doing a stage play about the Great Masters of European Music.  We were deciding which of us actors should portray each of the composers.
He suggested to me, "You be Mozart, I'll be Bach."

Reply #11
Rest assured that when he's Bach, I'll be Haydn.