Skip to main content
Topic: Delete Dynamics (Read 3122 times) previous topic - next topic

Delete Dynamics

They dynamics wook too well.  I can not here the mucic after a pp.

Neither can I figure out how to delete it.

js

Re: Delete Dynamics

Reply #2
3500 messages in how many years and you have the rudeness to answer my simple question in that manner?

Thanks for nothing.  I already read the refed msg and it did not seem to answer my question so I asked it here.

I am trying to decide if I want to buy this software and I have better things to do than make more work for myself.  It was a simple question needing only a simple answer.

How do I delete a pp?

js

Reply #3
Just before the pp indication in the score, you will see a grey diamond - highlight this and press the delete key on your keyboard.

Reply #4
Jack, NWC is a great little program, don't give up on it(and quit snarling - we're trying to help you).

You might not want to delete the dynamic if you adjust its volume (velocity) to an audible level.  There's a simple way to do it, which I'll describe in a second.

First though, check the volume in your soundcard - it may just be that your speaker volume is set low.  It's quicker and easier to check the volume controls rather than playing around with multipoint controller settings that later you forget you've changed.  Check your volume control - in some versions of Windows, there's a little speaker shaped icon in the systray.  Right click it, that'll access your volume controls.

If that hasn't helped, within NWC you can adjust the volume setting for the dynamic. A pianissimo has a default midi velocity of 30.  You can reset that to 40 or 50 if you highlight the dynamic marking and press control-E.  When you have the dynamic properties screen open, double click the little arrow and point to the number, the yellow popup windo will tell you what the default settings are for dyanmics.

If you do adjust the setting for pp, you may want to reset the settings for the various other dynamics too.

Reply #5
Sorry for the typos above.  Also "double click the little arrow" should read "double click the little question mark."