Skip to main content
Topic: Nouveau newsgroup (Read 7156 times) previous topic - next topic

Nouveau newsgroup

Bonjour
Je viens de recevoir un message étrange expédié par richard @ nowwhere . com avec l'adresse IP 62.64.223.6 depuis une connexion tiscali en UK ..qui annonce la création d'un nouveau newsgroup sur le site
https://www.noteworthysoftware.com/newsgroup ..
Pour entrer dans se newsgroup, il faut communiquer son login et son password d'utilisateur de NWC .. Est-ce vrai, ou s'agit-il d'une arnaque et d'une fausse pas qui ne serait là que pour vous voler vos codes ??

Est-ce que quelque'un peut être sûr de ce Richard ??

Re: Nouveau newsgroup

Reply #1
My apologies for answering in English:

This new group is only for registered users of NWC , hence the password.

Yes, you can trust Richard.

Reply #2
Oui, vous pouvez confier pleinement à Richard Woodroffe, qui est le webmaster du Scriptorium, le site Internet avec une plus grande collection de fichiers NWC.

Moi aussi j'ai reçu ce message, qui est en fait une bonne nouvelle pour les amateurs de NoteWorthy Composer. Ce qui m'échappe c'est pourquoi Richard a décidé cacher son serveur d'origine avec ce nowhere.com qui contribue clairement à rendre suspect son message.

Quant à la necessité du password, les propietaires de NWC ont décidé cette fois de limiter la participation dans le nouveau newsgroup aux utilisateurs registrés.

Reply #3
Ah well, apologies to all who thought that it might have been a false message. I must admit that I didn't consider that people might think that I was trying to steal NoteWorthy User Codes.

The reason that I put a false address in was that since I was sending out over 900 emails of people who has posted over the last few years, there were bound to be many, many that had expired and would therefore get bounced back. I just didn't want to have to deal with all of the bounces amongst my normal and Scriptorium e-mails. I suppose I could have opened up a hotmail account to deal with it, but that's being wise after the event !

I also sent these out as a message list so that no-one else got the addresses of any other user. I'm sure that sending such a large amount of e-mails could have given a spammer quite a number of addresses to use.

Thank you, Ivo and Ramón, for your assurances.

Richard
Rich.

Reply #4
FWIW, this is what Babel Fish did to the 2nd reply:

Yes, you can entrust fully to Richard Woodroffe, who is the webmaster of Scriptorium, Internet site with a larger collection of files NWC. Me also I received this message, which is in fact a good news for the amateurs NoteWorthy Composer. What escapes to me this is why Richard decided to hide his waiter of origin with this nowhere.com which clearly contributes to make suspect its message. As for the necessity of the password, the propietaires of NWC decided this time to limit the participation in the new newsgroup to the registrés users.
Since 1998

Reply #5
Well, the only thing I can say is that automatic translation is becoming better and better.

Perhaps in a decade we can trust fully in this technology. :-)

Reply #6
Bonjour
Je ne peux plus me connecter non plus aux newsgroup.
Il m'est demandé ident et mot de passe.
Mon nom et mon code figurant sur le cd ne fonctionnent pas.
Que faire ?
Cordialement
Annie