Skip to main content
Topic: Transpose small intervals with pitch bend? (Read 3224 times) previous topic - next topic

Transpose small intervals with pitch bend?

I like to use Noteworthy files as practice accompaniments - play a file with my own part muted and play along.

My computer plays slightly flat to concert pitch - not as much as a half tone, but enough that I have to retune my instrument and then tune it back to play in concert pitch.

Can I use the Pitch bend feature, or anything else, to permanently transpose entire parts less than a semitone?
I've been experimenting but I don't use midi and I'm finding it frustrating.

Thanks.

Re: Transpose small intervals with pitch bend?

Reply #1
Pitch blend in mpc's is the way to go.  A pitch blend of +8191 is two half steps above what is written, and it goes down to -8192, two steps below the note.  To force an entire score to a different tuning, insert an mpc at the beginning and leave it at something other than zero.

If you need to use pitch blend anywhere else, it will reset any pitch blends created earlier.
Since 1998

Reply #2
For some reason, my jazz guitar is slightly flat.  I use the pitch [abbr=not "blend" as Warren wrote four times]bend[/abbr] MPC to tune it (+73) to the rest of the band.  I have added it to my jazz band template so that it is always there.

Reply #3

If you're using soundfonts, it's possible that your Jazz Guitar is tuned incorrectly. You can correct it using Vienna --though I don't remember "how" at the moment.

FWIW

Reply #4
Not using any special soundfonts, just what is already on the machine.  The MPC takes care of it anyway.  And, you know, it's not really noticeable (without the MPC) unless the guitar and piano are unison.

Reply #5
I played with a guitar player like that once, too :-)

Thanks for the help. About +600 seems to do the trick. I'd put it on my templates, but someday soon I'm getting a new computer.