Skip to main content
Topic: Installed latest version, but can't see any notation (Read 12911 times) previous topic - next topic

Installed latest version, but can't see any notation

Hi,
I installed the latest version 1.75 upt 7, but can't see any notation. Can you help me how to solve this incident?

Regards,
Cees

Re: Installed latest version, but can't see any notation

Reply #1
What happens when you try to open a file created before the update?  Can you open anything in the samples folder?
Since 1998

Reply #2
Hi Warren,
before, I tried a un-registered version and all looks fine.

Now with the official ordered version I can open samples and play the music on it, but the only thing I see is are the staff lines.

Reply #3
This is a common problem (it's happened to me several times.)  What you need to do is reboot Windows after you install NWC.  Everything should work fine then.

To NoteworthySoftware:  You should include an option to Reboot at the end of the installation process.  If for some reason that's not possible, you should at least have a message at the end of installation instructing users to reboot their machine.

Reply #4
This behavior is not predictable. It is a problem where the system goes flaky with the font. This can happen when a font is replaced, or removed and replaced, as might be done when reinstalling NWC. We are working on an improved mechanism for installing the font. In the mean time, try rebooting. If a problem remains, go to your Fonts control panel and confirm that the NWCV15.TTF font is installed and working as expected.  Simply double click it to see if it is working correctly. You should see some notation glyphs when you open the font.

Reply #5
Incidentally, the font installation problem is not unique to NWC. I have seen the situation described in the support forum for another, unrelated program. I suspect that during one of its many security updates, MS did something that is not fully documented to installers.

Reply #6
Hi Replyers,
thanks for your response. I did reboot the system and everything looks fine now. Lets start with writing my scores to study my singing repertoir :-)

Regards, Cees