Skip to main content
Topic: In the Cavern Song (Read 4300 times) previous topic - next topic

In the Cavern Song

In the cavern song on the very first staff how can i make the Am, Dm, Esus, etc........ im just getting crazy cuz i can't find this option i would apreciate if u can help me people.

Re: In the Cavern Song

Reply #1
Those are just text items placed on the staff, they don't fuction in the file in any way. (They could just as well say "Am rules!")

To insert text:
Click where you want the text
Right-click (or Insert/Text) and go to Notation / Text
Type what you want
"OK"

Then you can move the text item up or down by highlighting it, pressing Ctrl+Shift and then an arrow key.

Hope this answers your question!

Reply #2
Another way is to put the chord names in the lyric lines.  Click Ctrl-L.  Entering them one at a time as insert text is a real nuisance.

The lyric editor takes a wee bit of getting used to, but you can use a word processor first to type out the names of all the chords you're going to use, in sequence.  Put a space between each chord name, don't bother with enter.

Then copy the whole shebang into the lyric editor.  Each name will line up with the next note.

This assumes your chords are used together with a written-out part, i.e., a moving bass line.  If you are just using them with strum marks (which you create with text), you have to insert muted hidden notes wherever you want a chord name displayed, since the lyric editor places each "word" following a space at the next note.

If you are going to transpose the piece into another key, it's easy to copy the lyrics back into a word processor, make all the changes there, and then copy the result back in to replace the contents of the lyric editor.

Reply #3
If you are going to transpose the piece into another key, it's easy to copy the lyrics back into a word processor, make all the changes there, and then copy the result back in to replace the contents of the lyric editor.
Watch out, though.  If you "Find and Replace" all Am7 with Dm7, then try to replace all Dm7 with Gm7, you're going to end up with lots more Gm7 than you planned.