Skip to main content
Topic: Audio HQ (Read 16815 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio HQ

What is Audio HQ? Anyone know where I can download it, cuz I downloaded General User GS and i dont know what to do next.

Re: Audio HQ

Reply #1

If you have an SB Live! or Audigy soundcard, Audio HQ is located at:

Start > Programs > Creative > Sound Blaster Live

or just

Creative Launcher > Audio HQ

Hth,
Ertugrul

Reply #2
every time i start up i get the same message  X a required AHqMAN.dll IS OF AN INCORRECT VERSION

Reply #3
which is the best audigy or turtle beach santa cruz?

Reply #4
I have a feeling that this message thread has been captured by non-NWC users who found the forum by search engine on other topics.

Be that as it may ... I happen to live in Santa Cruz (yes, that one). To my knowledge, non of the software or hardware bearing the name is developed locally. Even if it is, the picture of the wave on the box does not look like one of our local waves!

Reply #5
Audigy 2

Reply #6
Sorry R.A., I have to ask.  Do you figure they were surfing the web?

Reply #7
If they were surfing the web, it sure wasn't here. Probably Hawaii. Actually, Santa Cruz is a fine surfing spot, and this past week there was a  competition. But the sea was rather flat. Alas, the ocean does not permit transposition to a higher key.

Reply #8
You should have been here on Big Wednesday !!

Reply #9
Key Largo?
Sorry, that's mixing an NWC element with a tempo.
I humbly apologize.
Besides, I have no idea if Florida has surf.

Reply #10
every time i start up i get the same message X a required AHqMAN.dll IS OF AN INCORRECT VERSION

Reply #11
titi: This forum is for users of Noteworthy Composer, a music publishing and MIDI program. Sometimes, users of this program also have other software or hardware that they wish to use in conjunction with NWC, so they ask the question here. But if your difficulty is strictly related to the Au*dio H*Q, then you need to ask at their own site.

Reply #12
lol
Yah I got this message while trying to find a place with info on AudioHQ

Reply #13
No problem. Search engines look for key words. At some time in the past, one of our users (who also has (A*d*o H*Q) asked a question about it. Some search engine found the key words, and listed this forum. That drew other users of A*d*o H*Q, who used those words. The more that A*d*o H*Q appears here, the more it draws questions... you get the picture.

Besides, one of our users might actually know the answer to your question!

Reply #14
Did anyone ever find the answer to the question "When I try to run SB, I can a message that says "AHQman.DLL is an incorrect version"?  That is what I am getting and I have no idea what to do.  Any help will be appreciated.

Reply #15
I have the same error message and by removing SB drivers from device manager and reinstalling fixed the problem

Reply #16
Cada vez q reinicio el programa me dice que .
AHQman.DLL no existe

Reply #17
I dont think any one nkows how to fix this problem :(

Reply #18
reinstall the creative sound blaster software

Reply #19
-
Sometimes, just rebooting solves such issues. Some games especially, have a habit of clashing with the Cr€@t!v€ SB L!v€/Æud!gı drivers. ;)
_

Reply #20
I have just recently re-installed windows on my computer and also added a new 21" viewsonic monitor. Ever since i have had "ahqman.dll is not correct version" also "devcon32.dll is missing or corrupt. I have re-installed windows many times and never had this problem. I have been told that there is a conflict of some sort between viewsonic and sound blaster live. If anybody has a resolution to this problem it would be quite appreciated.

Reply #21
I too have had a similar problem with the same two error messages appearing after replacing a hard drive.  I'm using Windows 98 SE, what version of windows is the previous caller using?

If I get a resolve I'll publisg it here - wwill others to the same please?

Reply #22
I've got the same problem with devcon32.dll on Win 98SE.

Looking forward to a solution.

Thanks, Win

Reply #23
I got rid of the devcon32.dll message by just finding that dll on the install CD, and putting it in the Creative program folder.

Reply #24
j' ai reconfiguerai mon ordinteur et je  n'ai plus de son comment faire pour le retrouver deplus je ne mi connait pas en informatique

Reply #25
i also reinstalled windows 98 and now have the same 2 messages and have downloaded all kinds of DLL but to no advale, any help would be appricated as i am to the point of reformatting

Reply #26
I had a similar problem after I transferred a SBLive 1024 Player to another Windows 98 computer and simply installed the drivers from the CDRom.  But sometime ago I downloaded a driver update from Creative's website (W9xdrv.exe)- and when I ran this on my new installation, everything came together OK.  I guess the update is still available - or I could e-mail it to you if you like, but it's about 5.4 MB.

Reply #28
Audio HQ Seekers...

Apparently, Creative does not distribute this app anymore with their SBLive! cards, etc. And for some odd reason when you ask their tech support, they skirt the issue. That is odd cuz their own SoundFont site (SoundFont.com) prominently tells you to test the banks using AudioHQ(!)

However, you can get part of the functionality of AudioHQ in a new app, which is available for download at the creative support site. It is called Sound Font Bank Manager. You can get it here:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

Be sure to specify your card type and OS before download.

Loading a bank is hidden better than a DVD Easter Egg. You must click the word "Bank", NOT the dropdown list for Bank. Then select Load from the dlg that pops up, and navigate to your sf2 files. Most of their cards allow up to 32MB of sf2's in memory (they use your PC's main memory, not the card).

Hope this helps. My head is still sore from scratching it over this for the last 2 weeks ;)

Stimpy

Reply #29
^nickname^ I have XP and I get the message AHQman.Dll incorrect version. Can someone help me?

Reply #30
G'day Black M.,
my best suggestion is to:
  • Download and install the latest full install from Creative. http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
  • If that is unsuccessful then
    • Use Control Panel to uninstall the Creative applications
    • Restart your computer!  Whether it says to do so or not!
    • Install the new Creative software you downloaded earlier.
    • Be aware that whenever you install/reinstall Creative applications they reset your sound fonts and you need to reload them
Hope this helps.
Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.