Skip to main content
Topic: Yamaha XG1000 Patch Info for NWC .ini file? (Read 7708 times) previous topic - next topic

Yamaha XG1000 Patch Info for NWC .ini file?

Hi ya:

I'm looking to patch Yamaha's xg1000 instrument parameters into NWC's .ini file. Can anyone help me with this?

I really would like to be able to use all the above-and-beyond GM instruments that this software synthesizer is to supppose to offer.

Email response would be great.

Thanks for your help!

Simon

Re: Yamaha XG1000 Patch Info for NWC .ini file?

Reply #1
The difficulty is that the .ini file only (essentially) specifies the text to be displayed for any given instrument patch. It does *not* allow you to specify which bank a particular sound resides in.

That being said, you could write separate .ini's for each bank you intend to use, and simply arrange them in sections; e.g. [XG Bank 0] (general midi), [XG Bank 16], etc. However, you'll still have to specify the bank when you choose any sound not in bank 0.

There's a couple NWC file of the "lowest common denominator" of XG instrument and drum sounds (based on DB50XG) that should work fine on the XG1000. You can always expand it as desired for the additional capabilities of the 1000, if you do I'm sure that it will be a welcome addition to the NWC Scriptorium

Cheers,
Fred