Skip to main content
Topic: Web Update 9 (Read 11118 times) previous topic - next topic

Web Update 9

I recently upgraded to web update 9. It changed a lot of the transpose feature, which I use a lot on midi files. A file I just downloaded and converted to NCW does not transpose properly. I have followed the links and hints, and cannot get a bass clef D# to physically move to a Eb. Tuba players hate sharps! Is this a bug (feature) in the latest update? I'd try downgrading NWC to a lower level to test this out if I had the proper exe file, but its not avaliable on the web site.

Re: Web Update 9

Reply #1
I don't understand what you are saying.

What key is your piece using, and what key do you want it to be in after transposition?

Reply #2
The midi file imported without a key, but with many accidentals. I inserted a key of C. Then I used the old trick of forcing accidentals, inserting a key signature of Eb Major (three flats), then performed a transposition of zero. Previously, this would physically change the bass clef D# (as imported) to Eb (as wanted). Under the web update 9, it is not changing the 'spelling'.

Reply #3
I recommend "Favour Flat Keys in Ambiguous Cases" doing the transposition.

Let us know if this either doesn't work. Or better, upload the problemmatic file to the Newsgroup where you would probably have more intensive assistance.

Hth

---
Decode address to email.

Reply #4
I've tried all the settings on the Transpose dialog box, none seem to help. I'll forward a copy of the file to the Newsgroup as you suggested. Thanks.

Reply #5
You no longer use Transpose 0 to re-spell notes. You use Tools | Audit Enharmonic Spelling for this purpose.

Reply #6
Great! Works just like I wanted it to! Thanks!

Reply #7
Hot damn! These NWC people think of everything, don't they? I love this program!