Skip to main content
Topic: Rogues Gallery - the answers (Read 10662 times) previous topic - next topic

Rogues Gallery - the answers

The answers you have all been waiting for are now on the Rogues gallerypage.

If you don't see the names under each picture - click refresh.

I have removed all of the children, pets and pictures of other users that no longer wanted them displayed.
There is an additional photo of Jill B ( Melody Lane ) who was too late to enter the gallery for the quiz.

Have a look at the names - Do they fit the faces you thought they did ?

Here is one strange statistic. Out of the votes for Andrew (Purdam), five said the photo was Andrew but again, five thought the photo was me !
Dunno what that says Andrew.

Perhaps Ann McFarlane would also reveal which user looks like her husband. Dying to know who it was.

Rich.

Re: Rogues Gallery - the answers

Reply #1
Is the gallery still there?  On www.info.com I found my "image" but when I followed the link nothing was found.
Since 1998

Reply #3
Thank you!  It was fun looking at everyone in the gallery.

I had lost the picture from my only televised gig <g>.
Since 1998

Reply #4
Is the Rogues Gallery gone for good now?
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #5
It was last updated in September 2008 and I took it down in 2009.  No one has complained of the absence since.

It could be ressurected if there was a hankering for it.
Rich.

Reply #6
I guess that the members of the gallery that are still around would be a good criteria.  IIRC, there has been a substantial change in active membership and that those in the gallery that are still active has become a relatively small proportion.  I do not particularly miss it though it was interesting to put faces to names.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #7
I would estimate that of the 71 people in the Rogues Gallery when it closed, no more than 15 have been active in either the Forum or newsgroup in the past year.  Some of those visits are few and far between too.
Rich.

Reply #8
Hey! That must be me! (or at least one of those...)
:-)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.
Just not doing much NWC stuff at the moment, so haven't spent much time here.
But I still have the new posts floating by on my Google Web Clips gadget...

Reply #9
I would love to see the Roques Gallery again
- especially as a means to remember those who have passed away.

Those of us who remain,
may have to post more recent pictures
in order to remain recognizable.

Reply #11
Well, I only noticed the disappearance of the Rogues Gallery because I was going to submit an updated picture along with my pending Scriptorium submission.  I suppose if folks want their picture to be visible, they can always make it their avatar or make it easy to find them on Facebook.

But building on Haymo's idea, it would be nice to see it converted into a tribute to the NWCers that have passed away.  If that is done, I would suggest it be linked to from the main page.  I don't think the gallery was linked to from anywhere other than a few forum posts.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI