Skip to main content
Topic: different number of staves, same song (Read 3379 times) previous topic - next topic

different number of staves, same song

I have some music that starts out in unson (one part, one staff) then splits into three parts (three staves). can I recreate this in NoteWorthy?

Re: different number of staves, same song

Reply #1
Not in one print command. However, you could layer the staves in order to print the pages where the parts are in unison, and then unlayer them for the pages where they diverge. If you want different systems on the same page to have different numbers of staves, then this method won't work; in that case you'd have to do some cutting and pasting from Print Preview into another application and print from there.

Reply #2
Since I work with choral music, I have to do this all the time. Having access to other software, I find that the easiest solution (for me) is to create a WMF or PostScript file from NWC, then edit it with a drawing program. But this solution is not accessible to most users.

I suggest that the capability to shift between single and multiple staves in a single composition might be a useful upgrade feature.

Reply #3
It would seem to be fairly easy to program a feature that treated staffs with only hidden items in the current system as actually being temporarily hidden themselves.

Peter

Reply #4
Thank you all for the tips, I have added my request to the wishlist.

Reply #5
This feature is now handled by the "Insert > Boundary Change" function.

Reply #6
Does this User Tip help?
Since 1998

Reply #7
Wow! I can't believe I asked this 18 years ago!
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI