Skip to main content
Topic: Pitch Bend (Read 6836 times) previous topic - next topic

Pitch Bend

Is it possible to do a pitch bend in NoteWorthy? I do not understand how to use the mpc command, and the help file doesn't make it much easier. How would I, for example, go from middle C to the C above it in 1 beat? 2beats? 1/2 a beat?

Thanks.

Neeraj Mathur

Re: Pitch Bend

Reply #1
Neeraj said: <<<Is it possible to do a pitch bend in NoteWorthy?>>>

yes.

<<<I do not understand how to use the mpc command, and the help file doesn't make it much easier.>>>

The numbers in the mpc pitch bend dialog (-8192...8192) correspond to standard MIDI pitch control parameters. These are actually defined on your midi box (normally the Global Pitch Bend) which can be modified normally with some sort of SysEx (System Exclusive) command.

Most Pitch Bend range will default to to 2 semitones in either direction (so you can normally pitch bend from 2 semitones below to to semitones above).

<<<How would I, for example, go from middle C to the C above it in 1 beat? 2beats? 1/2 a beat?>>>

You can't. But most midi boxes can't do it either unless you can change the Global Pitch Bend). This is more correctly implemented as portamento, a great little effect from the old monophonic synths of the 70's.

Best simulation is to use an instrument of very smooth attack and just do a very fast run of semitones up (or down). Someone did a fabulously worked version of Tubular Bells using this (as well as many other) really nifty work around.

Regards,

Andrew