Skip to main content
Topic: "strange" score (Read 1237 times) previous topic - next topic

"strange" score

Good morning to you,
I wonder if it is possible to obtain what I indicate in the attachment:
- single size
- dotted bars joined to the top line
- in a 2/4 time signature get a 3/4 note, minimal with a dot (if it's not a mistake...), even if the time signature is absent.
Thank you.
Lorenzo

Re: "strange" score

Reply #1
It should mostly be possible, but it'd take a lot of messing about, and the short staff won't be cue sized.
Add an additional staff, fill it with rests and collapse it until you need it.  When you forbid the collapse It will show for a full width of the page, but you can use "digital whiteout" to "disappear" the extremities that you don't need.
The dotted minim can be chorded with a minim rest that is made invisible (don't show rest in restchord properties) OR just use a minim and place the dot using a text entry.
The dashed barlines can probably be done with a user object...  Maybe RickG's Markup or Markup Page objects (there is discussion of these in the User Objects section of the forum).
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
I figured by the time you would be the first to respond.
Thank you and I will try the solutions you proposed.
Happy Sunday.
Lorenzo

Reply #3
I think the dotted minims are a mistyping. They have no sense.

P.S. Buona fortuna con il "whiteout"! :-)

Reply #4
In band music we sometimes have two rhythms going in the same bar, with some instruments playing, say, 3 beats as others play 2 or 4.  I haven't seen the scores for these, but I doubt if the parts have different time signatures.   Essentially, though, I agree with Flurmy, it makes no sense to use dotted halfs there.