Skip to main content
Topic: single note on the songbook (Read 1045 times) previous topic - next topic

single note on the songbook

Hello, howis t can I split using the User toil for single note used by 2 staves. What I did is to edit to be as the song book.

See attached, how to split it without manulally edit

Thank you,

Frank

Re: single note on the songbook

Reply #1
  • Force stem up, then enter the quarter notes.
  • Force stem down, then Cntl/Enter the first half note over the first quarter note (like adding a note to a chord).
  • Enter 2nd half note.
  • Select the new chord (very first note), then semicolon (or slur icon).
  • While it is still selected, Cntl/E and change slur direction to downward.

HTH
Pacem

Edited: I may have misread your question. Were those layered staves with both singing the 2nd half note?
Since 1998

Reply #2
I may have misread your question. Were those layered staves with both singing the 2nd half note?
Yes you misread my question. You know from the songbook made by NWC. I want to split the 1st couple staves by In 'Tools/User Tools.../.Starter Tools' you'll find the tool 'parts(adp)'. Before you use that you'll have to duplicate the staves in your file, so have 2 times 2 identical staves.

but I have problem with the one like on the picture while slurred and there is a singgle note to be used by 2 staves. My question is there anyway not to reedit it, but everything done by user tools?

Thank you,

Reply #3
I don't fully understood your question but I try to answer.
You should be able to do what you want manually. See the attached file.
Regarding the user tool "Parts", sorry but I never used it.

Reply #4
You should be able to do what you want manually. See the attached file.
Yes, I am able to do it manually, just in case there is an automatic one in the user tools that can handle for some particural chord, coz if we follow the result when we put the lyrics it does not fit.
The reason that I split the song book staves is because I want to put the number note, coz in Indonesia, we prefer the number note to practice in our church choir when learning a song.

Thank you,

Frank