Skip to main content
Topic: I want to key in the old song with long tie (Read 2697 times) previous topic - next topic

I want to key in the old song with long tie

Hello, Is it possible to key in the attached old song, but I like it, Can we tie so long?

Thank you,

Frank

Re: I want to key in the old song with long tie

Reply #1
Hello, Is it possible to key in the attached old song, but I like it, Can we tie so long?
Hi Frank,
those long ones aren't ties, they're slurs, and yes you can make them that long,  Simply apply a slur property to each intervening note.  You can even select all but the last one at once and press <;> to do it.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
This site has thousands of hymns and all of them have nwc format. This is a link to your example: Cyber Hymnal
Since 1998

Reply #3
Simply apply a slur property to each intervening note.  You can even select all but the last one at once and press <;> to do it.
Thanks Lawrie, I will  try to do it.

Frank

Reply #5
This site has thousands of hymns and all of them have nwc format. This is a link to your example: Cyber Hymnal

Hi  Warren, having looked at the link, I found the song but there is no long slur like the one I attached. Is  the result of sound the same?.

Frank

Reply #6
Sometimes it's easier to personalize a song that's already been transcribed rather than start from scratch. Even if the tune is different, you might not have to do much to the lyrics.
Since 1998

Reply #7
Sometimes it's easier to personalize a song that's already been transcribed rather than start from scratch. Even if the tune is different, you might not have to do much to the lyrics.
Thank you Warren, You are right.

Frank