Skip to main content
Topic: Melody transfer (Read 3869 times) previous topic - next topic

Melody transfer

I'm working against Finale to make a 4-part barbershop arrangement. I need to show that melody for a couple of measures goes from lead part to bass. There is a way to do in in Finale by using dashed lines. How can I do it in NWC?
RusskiBass

Re: Melody transfer

Reply #1
The Glissando.ms object can be used to draw this kind of line. Normally it auto-positions itself between notes on the same staff, but you can adjust the offset of either side of the line to get it to descend to the lower staff.  And you can adjust the line type to be dash, and erase the "gliss." text.

Reply #2
Mike, please remind where the objects are.

Thanks
RusskiBass

Reply #3
Assuming you are using the current version of NWC (2.75 or later), you can insert an object in your score by pressing the J key. If you have never used them, there may be a bit of a learning curve, but there is an entire section on the forum for using and configuring objects.

Reply #4
Mike, I'm using  the latest version 2.75a and I have the object. If you know how to use it in different layers, I'd appreciate your help but when I tried it was limited to the single layer. I will try to dig deeper and try to find the answer
Thanks
RusskiBass