Skip to main content
Topic: several pictures (Read 2477 times) previous topic - next topic

several pictures

Hello Lawrie,

Could you educate me how to make and what are the following pictures when I am keying the note:
1. the box no 12
2. the bracket to combine the 2 staffs, and the other pictures, I do not know how to say the picture in English
3. What is "drum all", the 2 staffs are for music instrument?, do we need to key in? or we can have from internet and can download for the music?
4.  How can we make the topic in 3 lines with the big and small fonts

Thank you for any helps.

Frank

Re: several pictures

Reply #1
I apologize if I am butting in, since you are addressing Lawrie, but since it's a public forum, perhaps I can help while Lawrie is asleep on the other side of the world :)

1. I'm not sure what the "12" is, but there are special fonts that can be used to create something like that. I'll let Lawrie answer that one.
2. You can use the "brace with next" function to create the bracket. With a score containing multiple staves that are not layered, you would put your cursor in the upper staff and choose menu Staff > Brace with next.  The style of the brace is slightly different on the following systems, but I believe it is the same intent.
3. I think the text is "drum fill" not "drum all", which is just a note to the musician to do a "fill" with drums at the beginning of the song. The notes with the "x" noteheads are typically drum beats.
4. For the more complex title, there is a custom object called PageTxtMaestro.nw that can create this, but it takes some experience to use, and I've not used it very much. Perhaps another forum member here can tackle that one.

Reply #2
Thank you Mike, You are so helpful. I will try your suggestion/explanation, sorry I am a slow learner, probably because of my age (not young anymore, but I will never give up because I believe people in the forum are very helpful to me. Anyway are in the same time zones?, I live in Highland California, USA.

Thank you.

Frank

Reply #3
Hi Frank,
following on from Mike:
  • The "12" in a box reminds me of a rehearsal mark.
  • The odd looking marks at the start of the second system seem to be a normal grand staff brace that has been cropped in the copy
  • The text is definitely "Drum fill"
  • Please be careful of copyright issues...

I have created a similar example and attached an image, and the .nwctxt that creates it is in the NWC Code box below.
Note that there are some objects (PageTxtMaestro and PageTxt) and one of my font suites (MusikDingsSerif) required to make it work.
The objects are, I think, included in the NWC V2.75 installation, and my font suites are on the NWC CD if you got it, OR can be downloaded from the main NWC web site:
https://noteworthycomposer.com/uc/pardypack/index.htm

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.751)
|Editor|ActiveStaff:1|CaretIndex:4|SelectIndex:5|CaretPos:1
|SongInfo|Title:"Sample Layout for Frank"|Author:""|Lyricist:""|Copyright1:"Copyright © <Year> by <Name>"|Copyright2:"All Rights Reserved"
|PgSetup|StaffSize:20|NtnTypeface:NWC2MusikDingsSerif|Zoom:5|TitlePage:Y|JustifyVertically:Y|PrintSystemSepMark:N|ExtendLastSystem:N|DurationPadding:Y|PageNumbers:0|StaffLabels:None|BarNumbers:Plain|StartingBar:1|AllowLayering:N
|Font|Style:StaffItalic|Typeface:"MusikTextSerif"|Size:10|Bold:Y|Italic:Y|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:StaffBold|Typeface:"MusikTextSerif"|Size:10|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:StaffLyric|Typeface:"MusikTextSerif"|Size:10|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:PageTitleText|Typeface:"MusikTextSerif"|Size:24|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:PageText|Typeface:"MusikTextSerif"|Size:10|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:PageSmallText|Typeface:"MusikTextSerif"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:User1|Typeface:"MusikDingsSerif"|Size:20|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:User2|Typeface:"MusikTextSerif"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:Y|CharSet:1
|Font|Style:User3|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:13|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User4|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:13|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User5|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User6|Typeface:"MusikChordSerif"|Size:14|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:1
|PgMargins|Left:1.00|Top:1.00|Right:1.00|Bottom:1.00|Mirror:N
|AddStaff|Name:"Right Hand"|Label:"Piano"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:18|BoundaryBottom:10|Lines:5|WithNextStaff:Brace,ConnectBars|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:1
|StaffInstrument|Patch:0|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127
|User|PageTxtMaestro.nw|Pos:1|Class:StaffSig
|User|PageTxt.nw|Pos:1|PgStyle:Title|Text:"Extra Objects And fonts"|Fnt:PageTitleText|YLoc:Top|XLoc:Center|CY:11|CX:4|FntSz:0.8
|User|PageTxt.nw|Pos:1|PgCtrl:Once|PgStyle:Needs|Text:Needs:|Fnt:StaffItalic|YLoc:Top|CY:13|XLoc:Center|CX:-16|FntSz:1.2
|User|PageTxt.nw|Pos:1|PgCtrl:Once|PgStyle:Fonts|Text:"Font Suite: MusikDingsSerif + Objects: PageTxtMaestro; PageTxt"|Fnt:User2|FntSz:1.2|XLoc:Center|YLoc:Top|BAlign:Center|CY:21
|Tempo|Tempo:84|Text:"Boldly"|Pos:20
|Text|Text:"{@$}"|Font:User1|Pos:10
|Clef|Type:Treble
|TimeSig|Signature:4/4
|Key|Signature:Bb|Tonic:F
|Rest|Dur:4th
|Text|Text:"CX/F"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-6,-3,-2
|Bar
|Text|Text:"F"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-6,-3,-1,1
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-6,-3,-1
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-8,-6,-3
|Text|Text:"Gm/Bb"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-7,-5,-2
|Bar
|Text|Text:"Gm/D"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-5,-2,0,2
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-5,-2,0
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:-7,-5,-2
|Text|Text:"Dm"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-8,-5,-3
|Bar|Style:Double
|Key|Signature:Bb,Eb,Ab|Tonic:E
|Text|Text:"Eb/Bb"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-7,-4,-2,0
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-7,-4,-2,1
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-2,0,3
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-2,0,3,5
|Bar|SysBreak:Y
|Text|Text:"Fm/Ab"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-3,1,4
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-4,3
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-8,-3,1
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-7,-4,-2
|Bar
|Text|Text:"Ab"|Font:User6|Pos:14|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:Whole|Pos:-8,-6,-4,-1
|AddStaff|Name:"Left Hand"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:10|BoundaryBottom:10|Lines:5|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:2
|StaffInstrument|Patch:0|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127
|Clef|Type:Bass
|Text|Text:"(Drum fill)"|Font:User2|Pos:12
|TimeSig|Signature:4/4
|Key|Signature:Bb|Tonic:F
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:3x|Opts:Stem=Up,StemLength=6,Beam=First,Muted
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:0x|Opts:Stem=Up,StemLength=6,Beam,Muted
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-4x|Opts:Stem=Up,StemLength=10,Beam=End,Muted
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-5,2
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:-5,2
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-5,2
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-5,2
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-2,5
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:-7,0
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-7,0
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-7,0
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-7,0
|Bar|Style:Double
|Key|Signature:Bb,Eb,Ab|Tonic:E
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:-2,5
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-2,5
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:-2,5
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:-3,4
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-3,4
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-3,4
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-4,3
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:-3,4
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-3,4
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:-3,4
!NoteWorthyComposer-End
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
2. You can use the "brace with next" function to create the bracket. With a score containing multiple staves that are not layered, you would put your cursor in the upper staff and choose menu Staff > Brace with next.  The style of the brace is slightly different on the following systems, but I believe it is the same intent.
What is the function of using brace. Does it mean also if we usse brace, we do not have to put dynamic, flow control, in each staff, we  already put it in the 1st staff?.

Thank you for your enlightening me

Frank

Reply #5
The brace is visual, it usually denotes that a pair of staves are actually a grand staff a la piano music.

There is also an orchestral bracket that can be used.

Reply #6
Thank you Lawrie for your explanation. I am glad that you helped me improved my knowledge. Any way where can we get the 117 commands of NoteWorthy. Is it easy to get?, or we go to help then search each one of it?

Thank you

Frank

Reply #7
Thank you Lawrie for your explanation. I am glad that you helped me improved my knowledge. Any way where can we get the 117 commands of NoteWorthy. Is it easy to get?, or we go to help then search each one of it?
Happy to try and help Frank.

The command references are in the NWC help:
Click the Help menu, and select from Command Reference and Keyboard Reference.

The most effective teacher for NWC is practice and just messing around with it.

I've found that whenever I come across something I haven't replicated yet is when I learn the next skill or workaround.  Actually, the workarounds are the most interesting in some ways.  NWC has its limitations and being able to make it do something it doesn't do natively is somehow uniquely satisfying.  Although the need is sometimes somewhat frustrating.  There are some things that simply shouldn't need a workaround, like tuplets...

The next best teacher is this forum.  A little searching will uncover some truly interesting stuff.  The Tips and Tricks board is fascinating, but questions should really be asked in the General Discussion board (here) rather than in Tips 'n Tricks as that board is really intended for users to present solutions they have found rather than to answer questions.

Reply #8
Also Frank,

You may find some useful tips and ways of using NoteWorthy Composer from this manual found on the Scriptorium here :
https://nwc-scriptorium.org/command.html

You can either download the whole manual (PDF within a zip file) or you can download the individual chapters.

Downloads for the chapters are either pdf, post script or publisher, all in zip files.

Rich.

Reply #9
The "12" in a box reminds me of a rehearsal mark.
Although it's oddly placed on the page the 12 may simply be the publisher's way of numbering the songs in a book.  I've seen it in introductory piano books, but usually close to the title.

Reply #10
It just occurred to me that perhaps the 12 is a reference to another section in the songbook where the guitar chords are shown. I've seen this in some songbooks where they will only show the chord names on the sheet music but then they will show the chord fingerings elsewhere in the book.