Skip to main content
Topic: windows 11 (Read 2600 times) previous topic - next topic

windows 11

I am now using windows 11 can I transfer noteworthy to new laptop?

Re: windows 11

Reply #1
Although the website doesn't specifically mention Windows 11 support, I have been running NWC 2.75a on my Windows 11 system for some time now with no problems.

Reply #2
I also am running it on Win 11 with no issues

Reply #3
Better stop this forum if no-one is helping with problems.

reinstall NWC with Licence is not possible after crach.

Reply #4
Well, remember that what you ask depends completely on NoteWorthy Software.
If the program is abandoned, as it clearly appears to be, I don't know what to do.
None of us users can do anything about it.

Reply #5
This probably should be a new thread, but... I know there are/were users who were very connected with this software development. Rick (now gone) comes to mind. There may be others. If this software is truly abandoned, does anyone think it would be possible to convert it to open source? Would any of the regular users and/or user tool developers be able to do anything with it if it were?

Reply #6
I haven't done much NWC notation since the before-times, so I've been out of touch for a year or two.  It's fun to relearn things I've forgotten.  A big Hello to everyone, I hope you're all well.

From time to time I'm sure almost all of us are going to have problems reinstalling NWC  due to crashes, changing or upgrading hardware and some users are complaining about the lack of support.

Harsh as it sounds, if you really need the programme and can't get it to reinstall, it's still only US$49 and still seems to be available at https://noteworthycomposer.com/order/buy/?formid=nwc2 

I know it will seem wrong, but perhaps buying a new copy may be better for your emotional health, if nothing else, to eat the extra few dollars, in order to be up and running quickly, rather than pounding your keyboard into dust in frustration.

Reply #7
Yes great point!
So it is true that NWC has been abandoned by the creator?
You're probably right that the path of least resistance is to simply buy it again. My copied disappeared after a windows update. It's just that I now use Finale, a much more sophisticated program, and I only wanted to recover some old files. Oh well.

Reply #8
https://www.niversoft.com/products/xml2nwc/#conversion

will convert .nwctext files to musicxml, which Finale may be able to import.

Try saving copies of your nwc files and them rename the filename extension from nwc to nwctxt.  I don't know if that will trick niversoft into accepting them as nwctxt but you won't know until you try.  Load those into niversoft and maybe you will have some luck with your old files.

Reply #9
I think this will work only if the nwc files were saved as "uncompressed NWC file".
"Uncompressed NWC file" is in practice the same as .nwctxt (and standard .nwc is simply .nwctxt compressed).

Reply #10
Good to know, Flurmy

An alternative then would be for leforain  to send his or her existing NWC files to one of us to open and save to nwc text format and send them back.  

leforain, is this something you'd consider?  How many files are there, I wonder?