Skip to main content
Topic: A "0" errant artifact appears in this piece when printed or print previewed. (Read 1268 times) previous topic - next topic

A "0" errant artifact appears in this piece when printed or print previewed.

Hello.  An unusual artifact has appeared in one of my compositions.  a "0", (page small text, font) has appeared at the 2nd beat of bar 25 and is located just below the first ledger line.  It doesn't show up on the main workspace, but does in the print and print preview!

When I delete the notation in bar 25, the artifact jumps to the same position in another bar.  Its not traveling with respect to the
the notation, nor the single staff.  There is no layering.  When I cut and paste the arrangement to a new staff, the artifact travels with the paste to the new workspace.  It is a "0", from the page small text that I use for violin fingering.

Re: A "0" errant artifact appears in this piece when printed or print previewed.

Reply #1
Can you share the actual NWC score with us? I'm sure one of us can find the reason for the artifact if we had the actual score to look at.

I have a possible explanation for the extra character: is it possible that there is an "0" text later in your score, that is far above the staff lines? If the measure it is in is in the following system, the text could be printed beneath the staff lines of the previous system. Does my explanation make sense?

Re: A "0" errant artifact appears in this piece when printed or print previewed.

Reply #2
You hit it right on the NOSE!   It was a 0 fingering that was attached to a note 4 staves down!!!

I hunted and pecked till I found a place holder that was not attached to an obvious note or fingering and voila, it was
attached to a 0 that was about 16 spaces up towards heaven!  I brought it back down to earth and things are great!
I own you a beer (song), LOL.