Skip to main content
Topic: The best application to remove the music/instrument (Read 1702 times) previous topic - next topic

The best application to remove the music/instrument

Hello,
Based on your experience what is the best application/software that can remove the instrument completely. Because what I did is trying to sing for each voice on each staff with the piano, then I want to remove the music then I combine the 4 voices to procude the quartet in acapella. I try to use Audacity, but the result is not good.

Thank you for any idea.

Frank

Re: The best application to remove the music/instrument

Reply #1
I think the best way is to use NWC before recording the output with Audacity.  

Select the notes  , press Ctrl-E for the notes menu, then tick the Mute box.  

You can also mute entire staffs with the Mute menu.  Sel;ect the staff with F2.

Reply #2
Hello,
Based on your experience what is the best application/software that can remove the instrument completely. Because what I did is trying to sing for each voice on each staff with the piano, then I want to remove the music then I combine the 4 voices to procude the quartet in acapella. I try to use Audacity, but the result is not good.

Thank you for any idea.

Frank
If you're using a real piano this won't work directly (you'll need an extra step), but if you're using an electric piano or NWC, then use headphones to listen to the playback and sing into a digital recorder or mic on your computer (if recording to the computer you most likely won't be able to playback at the same time.

If you need to use the computer to record AND you need it to do the piano playback; try doing a playback to create an mp3 file which you can then put on your phone and use headphones plugged into the phone to listen to the mp3.

If you're using a real piano, then just record it to mp3 first (this is the extra step mentioned above).

This way you won't get the instrument sound in the recording.

Do this for each voice (use as many takes as you need to get a good one), then use Audacity or similar to copy in each file to create a new file that contains all 4 vocal tracks.  You will undoubtedly need to adjust each track's starting point to get them to sync up.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
You will undoubtedly need to adjust each track's starting point to get them to sync up.

Thank you Lawrie, that is what I did, but it is very difficult to adjust the starting point to get them to sync up. In aduacity I am trying to find the menu that can snap the certain point of the time line. Move it and snap it to : 38 s

Thank you.

Frank

Reply #4
I think the best way is to use NWC before recording the output with Audacity.  

Select the notes  , press Ctrl-E for the notes menu, then tick the Mute box.  

You can also mute entire staffs with the Mute menu.  Sel;ect the staff with F2.

My prbolem David in singing I am not so good in tempo. I can sing each voice 1 to 4 even by nature, not follwing the note, but my weakness is  in correct tempo/beat.
This is what I tried and then combined the 3 voices, and not really good. Sorry the song is in our Batak dialect, not even in Indonesian. You know Indonesia has about 300 dialects, one of the is Batak which is my dialect. As that is my mother tongue, so even though we llive now in California, we love to sing a song in our dialect, just for fun, it is not so good.
https://youtu.be/oNRFQvOqBtM

Reply #5
Thank you Lawrie, that is what I did, but it is very difficult to adjust the starting point to get them to sync up. In aduacity I am trying to find the menu that can snap the certain point of the time line. Move it and snap it to : 38 s
My best suggestion is to do a search on YouTube.
I would try:
how to align tracks in audacity
or
how to sync tracks in audacity
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.