Skip to main content
Topic: Multiple Bars Rest (Read 3172 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple Bars Rest

Hello

I arrange music for a small church group and have recently put all of the music into noteworthy having originallly been hand written. I then upgraded to noteworthy 2 and have been very pleased with it.

The only problem is that with Noteworthy 1.75b and with hand written music i can save space by making verses of bars rest a single bar with the number on top. I have not been able to do this in V2 and am wondering wether it is an intentional removal of the feature or i if the method of doing it has changed

Re: Multiple Bars Rest

Reply #1
The only problem is that with Noteworthy 1.75b and with hand written music i can save space by making verses of bars rest a single bar with the number on top. I have not been able to do this in V2 and am wondering wether it is an intentional removal of the feature or i if the method of doing it has changed
I'm not sure what you mean by verses of bars.  Plugging in "multi measure rest" in the search bar upstairs finds a number of examples, but they didn't disappear between 1.75 and 2.??.

Please elaborate further.
Since 1998

Reply #2
I think what Southern City Fan is looking for is how to make a multibar rest.  Here's how.

It's a matter of filling the bars with rests, highlighting the rests and bar lines and changing their visibility to hidden, then inserting text for the rests. 

You can use either Boxmarks or Boxmark 2 font, but if you instal Lawrie's font, Swingdings, with a text entry of "  :4;  "  you'll get a better result.  Get these fonts here:

http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html

You might find my file Multibar_rests.nwc useful when using the font.  It has different length rests already done, so you can just copy them into your file.  Download the file from the same webpage http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html

Don't forget to change the Userfont to Swingdings in File/PageSetup/Fonts.

Reply #3
Thank you very much that is just what i was looking for

Reply #4
You're welcome, but don't thank me, thank Lawrie.  He did the hard work, designing the font!