Skip to main content
Topic: spoken words in sheet music (Read 5008 times) previous topic - next topic

spoken words in sheet music

How do I notate spoken words in my sheet music?  For example, I'm arranging a song for an a capella group I'm in, and I need to have words spoken at a certain rhythm (like those notes with the x's connected instead of the dots).  How would I do that?

Re: spoken words in sheet music

Reply #1
First of all, upgrade to NoteWorthy Composer 2 Beta Test Program.  You will have your choice of regular noteheads, X's, diamond shaped, or nothing.  Once you get NWC2, just place the notes at a convenient point on the staff such as 2nd or 4th line at the appropriate rhythm.

Let me be the first to "welcome you to the club".  You will find most people here friendly and helpful.  One thing though: "Tips & Tricks" is where people post techniques, tips, and workarounds they discovered which they think will be helpful to other NWC users while "General Discussion" is where users create "How do I ... ?" posts.  You might find this thread moved over there in the near future.
Since 1998

Reply #2
I'm not so sure there is a hard and fast rule about which part of the forum to post on. 
This thread did start with "How do I..." (grin)

Regardless, let me also welcome wickedrentlover to the forums. 

Reply #3
I'm not so sure there is a hard and fast rule about which part of the forum to post on. 
This thread did start with "How do I..." (grin)
True, but it originated in "Tips & Tricks", though.
Since 1998

Reply #4
This thread is under General Discussion right now.  Perhaps it was moved between the times you and I responded.  My apologies.

Reply #5
Yeah...
The "Journeys and Lice" forum.

Admittedly, it has nothing to do with this thread per se, but it is one of the rare instances where I get this puzzle to work in the English language.
Journeys and Lice --> Trips and Ticks --> Tips and Tricks.
Another?
Bedlight with rabbit --> Candle with hare --> Handle with care.
Bored yet?
Apartment hat --> Flat cap --> Cat flap.

I will try to be a bit more on topic next time.

Reply #6
:)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.